iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Taste Of History

Started by Mooseherder, May 28, 2014, 10:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

The show on PBS called A Taste Of History has peaked my interest.  The show gives you some insight  on American History along with some great dishes Chef
Walter prepares in an open hearth setting.  The cookware is intriguing.  I would love to have his set-up.  Does anyone know where you can purchase this style of cooking ware?   If you haven't seen a show yet it's worth the look. :)

sandhills

Haven't heard of it until now but I'll be watching for it, about the only thing I can stand to watch anymore are cooking shows.

goose63

What kind of cookware is it cast iron?
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

drobertson

I just checked out the web site for the show, it does appear he was using cast iron spider pots, I found some listed on e-bay,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pappy19

Lodge currently makes all sizes of "camp" Dutch Ovens that have legs. If you don't want to go through the trouble of using coals for heat, use an "oven" Dutch oven which does not have legs nor does it have the lip on the lid to hold the coals.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

goose63

I have two Dutch ovens one with legs one with out both lids have the lips to hold coals we use them a lot when camping
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

pappy19

My favorite camping cast iron is an old Griswold Double Skillet. I can use it as a Dutch Oven and have coals bottom/top and it breaks down into 2 skillets, one deep for frying and the other as a regular cast iron skillet. They don't make these any more and are getting harder to find.

(Ebay ad deleted by admin)
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!