iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good day for logs

Started by Sixacresand, May 02, 2013, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

A friend called and said a tree service was in his neighbor's yard and to bring my trailer.  Got three nice logs loaded.         

The tree guy said since I live close by that he would bring the rest of the logs to the house for me.

I got a nice pile of logs and maybe some more when he is working in the area. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Sawdust Lover

8) 8) smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce

thecfarm

That is good. I like to lay down 2 logs going the other way,6-8 inches work good. Just easier for me to get under them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Nomad

That's a win for both of you.  The tree service doesn't have to dispose of 'em, they won't go to waste, and you get some nice looking logs! 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Chuck White

Nice score!  8)

Timing is everything!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

newcomtd

Wow those look nice. Are those poison ivy vines I see? :o

TimGA

It does not get any better than that. When the logs get delivered and set off, that's what I call FREE logs. They look good too, not all scared and twisted.   
                                                              Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Leigh Family Farm

Must be that southern hospitality we yanks hear so much about! Nice score!
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Sixacresand

Quote from: newcomtd on May 03, 2013, 07:12:24 AM
Wow those look nice. Are those poison ivy vines I see? :o

Summac vines.  Not sure it will make me break out like the poison oak.  Will take a benadryl just in case. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

drobertson

No doubt about that! what a deal, they look to be good ones too!   have fun 8)  just gotta luv the freebies, when they come around,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

customsawyer

I think those were the ones they were going to bring to me. :D I guess it is first come first serve.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Sixacresand

Quote from: customsawyer on May 03, 2013, 01:01:36 PM
I think those were the ones they were going to bring to me. :D I guess it is first come first serve.
One was kinda too big for me and should have went on down to Rentz to Jakes's real sawmill.

STUMPKICKER

newcomtd..welcome to the forum. Pull up a stump & stay a while.  :) 8)

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    newcomtd.  How about an intro and telling us about your wood/sawing interest?   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

Take care of those guys (maybe make them a wooden sign or something with some of the lumber).  You want to be the first person they think of next time they get a few logs like that!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

JimFX

One word sums it up ...... Sweet .........
: )

Thank You Sponsors!