iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hot? Even the snakes want to swim...

Started by PC-Urban-Sawyer, June 27, 2010, 11:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PC-Urban-Sawyer

When I went to take my dogs out this morning I found there was a small snake in the pool.  It was still alive and was doing a float with its head barely out of the water.

First I grabbed the camera and got a few pictures for Jeff (we know how much you LOVE snakes, Boss...)

Afeter getting the pictures I grabbed the net and got him out of the pool and dropped him over the fence. I'm not very good on snake ID but I don't think is was poisoneous...

Herb

Bro. Noble

Nope,  it doesn't look like a poisonious snake.  In fact it looks kinda like a legless lizard-----skink I think they are called.  Anyway it doesn't look like any of the snakes I'm familiar with.  Course for a know it all,  I don't know lots of stuff ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

I'll bet that was one relieved little snake.   :)

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Tom on June 27, 2010, 11:47:58 AM
I'll bet that was one relieved little snake.   :)

I just hope he didn't "relieve" himself in my pool...  :D

Herb

Jeff

Quote from: PC-Urban-Sawyer on June 27, 2010, 02:57:57 PM

I just hope he didn't "relieve" himself in my pool...  :D

Herb

I hope he did!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

That was the aquatic model of legless lizard.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

easymoney

i have known a few people that i considered to be a sneaky snake. or was that a lizard.

fishpharmer

Quote from: WDH on June 27, 2010, 09:46:37 PM
That was the aquatic model of legless lizard.

That wasn't very nice to cut his legs off.  Poor fella probably wet himself when he fell in the pool.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bro. Noble

Well,  I'll have to apologize,  I was mistaken :o :o  I looked in a reptile book and skinks do have tails.  But I still maintain that's a legless lizard.  An eastern glass lizard.  They are found in florida and along the coast of Ga, the Carolinas, Alabama,  Louisiana, and Mississippi. :)  I'd be willing to bet it did relieve it's self in that pool :D :D

Mooseherder

I was helping the A/C mechanic around my Unit last week when a Skink startled him.
He had never seen one before and put his arms up like a little girl. :D
Mine have blue racing stripes on them.

pigman

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on June 29, 2010, 02:37:47 PM
Well,  I'll have to apologize,  I was mistaken :o :o 
Noble, I can't believe you would do such a thing. :o I don't mean the part about making a mistake, we all make mistakes. I don't mean the part about apologizing, it is good to apologize about a mistake. The thing I can't believe is that you admitted to a mistake. :D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bro. Noble

Well, Pigman,  I am truly sorry when I make a mistake------especially if my wife finds out about it ::)

Tom

No need to apologize.  I think that mistakes aren't made.  A few mistakes were made back at the time of creation and we just pass them around like a hot potato.  There aren't but just so many of them, not enough, really, to go around.   So it's just moment of laxity that allows one to be dropped at your feet.

Bro. Noble

Well,  Tom,  after mulling over your take on mistakes,  I can see the logic in what you have presented.  I'm sorry now that I apologized :-X

Tom

You have the makings of a politician, Br'er Noble.  :D

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Just a note to say that Bro. Noble eating his words does not count as a reply about food!  8)

Herb

Woodhauler

Snake/ lizard either way i would never set foot in that pool again! I would have had to hire a snake remover to get it out of my pool! :o
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

paul case

you should have took pics , posted them here and bro noble could have said he wasnt sorry about mis identifying your pool snake.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

We saw one rattlesnake on our 4th of July trail ride.  He was not difficult to identify and is still crawling because my instructions are to "leave them alone".  I don't want the possibility of someone ruining a good day by being bitten.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

thats good advice on any snake.    pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!