Sponsors:

The "came here from other chainsaw forum" thread

Started by Saw Dr., January 03, 2011, 08:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

Say when

Cut4fun

Troutfisher

That sure sounds like funny fuel Cut4fun ;D  sure seemed to light up under load.....

Cut4fun

OK how about my 084 that runs a 50" bar everyday in the hardwoods buried ripping making some cuts with a 11. pump gas flat top piston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BcSzbGUaY0

Jeff

Where do you guys get all the wood you are cutting up into cookies?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

komatsuvarna

Cut4fun

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2011, 08:16:44 PM
Where do you guys get all Da Suckers you are cutting up into cookies?

Mill our own or order them. Cheaper for me to buy at .40-.55 lbf.  I got monster poplars, but to drop, load, mill, cost more then a run to the mill.

Weekend_Sawyer

Hey Troutfisher, What size bar you runnin in that last video. It looks like a 16. You are cuttin through them like butter tho. Makes me jelous!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Troutfisher

Where do you guys get all Da Suckers you are cutting up into cookies?

the 8x8 in my vid is leftovers from a competition.

Troutfisher

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on January 05, 2011, 08:20:27 PM
Holy Wah Troutfisher, What size bar you runnin in dat last movin picture thing. It looks like a 16. You are cuttin through dem like butter tho. Makes dis yooper jelous!

yes, 16" bar but the tail is cut down to work with the 10 pin sprocket, so it's a little short.

Cut4fun

Shotgun

I have a 10 year old Homelite that I've converted to a two cylinder, 4 cycle engine.  changing it to a 4 cycle was a little bit of a challenge, but worth it. It has a 30 inch straight iron pipe exhaust.  I bet it would beat anything that anyone would care to put up against it. Any takers?    ;)
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

When I left the mill, for aspen logs those size, we were paying 120 a cord at the gate.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

I get my cookie stock from one of the trimmers that I help out with his saws and equipment .Tulip poplar, cottonwood etc . I'm down to pine now which is really not good testing wood .

Troutfisher

Quote from: Al_Smith on January 05, 2011, 08:46:22 PM
I get my cookie stock from one of the trimmers that I help out with his saws and equipment .Tulip poplar, cottonwood etc . I'm down to pine now which is really not good testing wood .

Depends on what you're testing. ;D

Cut4fun

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2011, 08:26:26 PM
When I left the mill, for aspen logs those size, we were paying 120 a cord at the gate.

Those are my small culled trees I use.

my nice ones still all standing waiting. Cant get 3 people with stretched arms around them dbh I would bet.

Troutfisher

Al_Smith

SwampDonkey

They say that kind of foolishness in the cold is hard on the heart. Raises blood pressure as the vessels constrict in that cold.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

I knew a guy that did that nonsense his nick name was I.P. Icecicles.

ChrisF

Hey guys. I'm also fresh in from the other forum, the update made it uh... "not good" but more than that I find that there's been too much blatant douchebaggery going on over there. Thought I'd take a look here and see how it was. :)

My nick is the same on both sites, for the few of you that might recognize me.
Jred 2171WH
Husky 242XP

Al_Smith

Quote from: ChrisF on January 10, 2011, 05:59:44 AM
blatant douchebaggery
:D Never heard it quite put exactly that way  :D

There have  been a couple of forum reformates without expounding on that .It seems one however didn't work out so well from the comments .

FWIW this one is pretty good once you get the hang of posting pictures .

SawTroll

Quote from: ChrisF on January 10, 2011, 05:59:44 AM
Hey guys. I'm also fresh in from the other forum, the update made it uh... "not good" but more than that I find that there's been too much blatant douchebaggery going on over there. Thought I'd take a look here and see how it was. :)

My nick is the same on both sites, for the few of you that might recognize me.

Welcome here! :)
Information collector.

weimedog

Where do you guys get all the wood you are cutting up into cookies?

I donated "tops" from a thinning/culling job on my place...we thin around 25 acres a year on my farm...have a few more years left to go before we are done.

As an aside; when I host our small gathering of friends, its analogous to have a few buddies come of and trail ride & bs about motorcycles;  we  blend the cookie cutting with a bunch of other logging/forestry related activities....last one we skidded a bunch of large tops (50ft typical) that we then used to run the saws blocking and limbing , then took some bigger & nicer logs to the camp area for informal races. Try to make these two day deals a range of activities  so folks move around and do other things as well. A typical day will have woods work, lots of food, break out groups who do swap meets, project "show & tell", saw building or repair projects, MORE food, sometimes "new saw" show & tell, towards the end of the day informal cookie cutting races. On one we less time so we went out and found a tree for cookies and dropped it dragged it back to camp & spent the day doing saw building & repair/testing then cookie cutting ..with lots of food mixed in! Another we working milling into the day...Bottom line is I don't want the focus to be strictly on COOKIES!
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Thank You Sponsors!