iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The "came here from other chainsaw forum" thread

Started by Saw Dr., January 03, 2011, 08:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

You can get a lot of good ideas just sitting around passing camal dung, again the forerunner of BS .Ideas that do work, don't work or might work .

Then too you get a chance to see a lot of stuff you might not see otherwise .

A story .At one GTG I had as usual the Homelite 2100 S that is in my avatar on the TH with me .Another guy was there with a slightly different model of the same saw but complained it lacked compression .I had him try mine with the decomp off .He was a big old bruiser and could barely roll it .In examination of his I noticed the decomp lever mechanism was missing which explains the problem .

It wasn't that I was all that smart  or a genious on 2100's but merely the fact because they are old and rare nobody was familiar with them .

nhlogga

Been here about as long as "over there". I recognize some of you. Welcome..
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

farley9n

Well.....I'm here too!....... Seems like a GOOD place to be!........ :P         

SawTroll

Quote from: nhlogga on January 10, 2011, 08:31:55 PM
Been here about as long as "over there". I recognize some of you. Welcome..

So have I, I am not a "refugee" from the other site!   :D :D
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: farley9n on January 15, 2011, 03:04:15 PM
Well.....I'm here too!....... Seems like a GOOD place to be!........ :P         

Welcome, nice to see you!   :)
Information collector.

RandyMac

Civil conversations, without rude posters interfering is getting rare. I started closing up shop at AS in mid Dec. too many logbusters to deal with. The F&L forum at AS used to be a happy place, not so much anymore. The "hole" caused by being banned at AS, was filled in quickly.
I will remember to bookmark this site, I kinda forgot about it, sorry, my bad.
Have you heard about the guy who claims to have felled 2 million trees?

miking

Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

Saw Dr.

I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

Al_Smith

For one reason or another some people either lose interest in a site ,get banned whatever .It's no big deal because I've been jettisoned from one I actually tried to quit and lost interest in several others because of personal reasons .

However having said that it appears by the scuttlebutt on the net that evidently one praticular site has annoyed more than several people here of late without going into details .Comes as no surprise to me because I predicted it several years ago .

I only wish I could use that clairvoyance in the stock market  :D

RandyMac

I am kind of a knothead, but often irrelevant.

Saw Dr.

Quote from: RandyMac on January 28, 2011, 07:54:07 AM
I am kind of a knothead, but often irrelevant.

That may or may not be true, but I'm still buying your book if you ever write it.  I want an autographed copy, though.  Work is finally slowing down, so I can get back to what really matters: CHAINSAWS!  I got a whole day in the shop yesterday, which is the first in over 6 months!  If I ever get caught up, I may get my act together and do some barterin'.
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

RandyMac

Hah ha, Tim!
Looks like the first 500 or so will be signed, yep you are on the list.

I sent a bunch of pages to little Ray, being a kid, his range is limited, he is very honest about how he feels about it.
There are a few photos he didn't like, he says some are too much, he doesn't like seeing blood.

ChrisF

Oh hey Randy! Really good to see you here, I was actually fairly upset when I saw you got banned from AS.

I've been stopping by the sawcollector site to check out some of you (and Slowp's) writings there as well, but haven't had much time to do so lately.

Jred 2171WH
Husky 242XP

Al_Smith

Quote from: ChrisF on January 29, 2011, 01:28:16 PM
Oh hey Randy! Really good to see you here, I was actually fairly upset when I saw you got banned from AS.

Not to dwell on the fact but about half the ones on the member list are banned .Old news . ;)

Chris J

I see a lot on names that I recognize.  Al (Smith), if I had known that you were active here I would've spent more time here.  I enjoyed your posts at AS and TH (how's Butch doing these days?).

Glad to see that Jeff is still making sure things remain civil.  I was around when a certain group stormed in here and basically tried to take over the chainsaw forum.  They got shut down PDQ.

I'm still active on the chainsaw forum at AS, so I'm not actually a refugee.  I'm also not as inactive here as my post count indicates, I used to post a fair amount here in a previous life, but the chainsaw forum here was pretty low traffic.  Looks like things have picked-up quite a bit.

I recall that the people here at FF were always friendly & helpful, and I'm looking forward to again spending some time here.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Al_Smith

Hmm Eggleston  ??? Actually I've visited here for some time .

Butch is fine everyone else seems to be too .Ornery bunch but that goes with the territory . :D

A little milder crowd here but that's fine . ;D

SawTroll

Quote from: RandyMac on January 27, 2011, 07:10:16 PM
Civil conversations, without rude posters interfering is getting rare. I started closing up shop at AS in mid Dec. too many logbusters to deal with. The F&L forum at AS used to be a happy place, not so much anymore. The "hole" caused by being banned at AS, was filled in quickly.
I will remember to bookmark this site, I kinda forgot about it, sorry, my bad.

Nice to see you here!   :)
Information collector.

Chris J

My user name here comes from a novel about a logging family.  Formerly I never used the same handle when registering at sites with chainsaw forums, but these days I stick with one handle.  Maybe I should ask about getting my FF user name changed.

I should post a photo of me in my FF cap.  I have two, but don't remember when I purchased them ???.

Glad to hear that the TH gang is still kicking and raising...heck;).

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 01, 2011, 05:34:36 AM
Hmm Eggleston  ??? Actually I've visited here for some time .

Butch is fine everyone else seems to be too .Ornery bunch but that goes with the territory . :D

A little milder crowd here but that's fine . ;D
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

RandyMac

Al_Smith

Quote from: Willard Eggleston on February 01, 2011, 11:34:03 AM
  Maybe I should ask about getting my FF user name changed.

I should post a photo of me in my FF cap.  I have two, but don't remember when I purchased them ???.

Oh Lawdy don't change it ,I'll figure it out . I have an idea though .If you change it and a certain site owner finds out you are visting another forum odds are great you'll be one of the boyz in the banned .

SawTroll

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 01, 2011, 02:05:02 PM

Oh Lawdy don't change it ,I'll figure it out . I have an idea though .If you change it and a certain site owner finds out you are visting another forum odds are great you'll be one of the boyz in the banned .

Hmmmmm, I have been here about as long as on the AS, and never was banned for that reason.
Information collector.

Al_Smith

That's because you are such an outstanding gentleman unlike myself . 8)

SawTroll

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 01, 2011, 02:38:08 PM
That's because you are such an outstanding gentleman unlike myself . 8)

:D :D

Well, if you named this forum over there, I can see that they reacted.

I have of course been banned there for other reasons, like most long time members have.
Information collector.

Chris J

Quote from: RandyMac on February 01, 2011, 12:03:44 PM
So, Willard, you did survive that fall. :D

I thought I survived a car crash; was it a fall in the movie?  It's been a long while since I saw the movie.

Chris J

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 01, 2011, 02:05:02 PM

I've never been banned over there, maybe I haven't tried hard enough :D.  I did complain long & loud when a certain heavy-handed moderator managed to ban and/or run off about half the folks in the chainsaw forum.  Al, I think that was about the time that you got fed-up and left for good.

At one time the owner found out that I was posting at TH and gave me some grief about it.  I pointed out that I was actually suggesting, on both sites, that the folks keeping the "war" going should let it go.

Old news, water under the bridge.  I'm looking forward to asking many stoopid kwestshuns here at FF.

Thank You Sponsors!