iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Samson Tires

Started by smwwoody, August 01, 2013, 12:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

I hope I didn't make a mistake.  I have always ran firestone forestry specials on all my skidders. But at $7400 for two and $6400 for 2 primex I opted for Samson at $3900 for the pair.  They look good.  Now lets see how they hold up.  Has anyone tried them?
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Timbercruiser

I know the Primex ones didnt last half as good as the firestones did the rubber tore out in big chunks on a 230 timberjack. But I cant blame you at all for trying them its tuff to make a choice when nobody is doing great in the woods . Good luck  :)

HiTech

Tires have more than doubled in price in the last 3 years. I really don't understand why? I know they blame it on the price of raw materials and labor(unions). They never seem to say a thing about the Golden Parachutes the CEO's get. $300 to $400 Million retirement packages. Outrageous salaries. Stock options. Expense accounts. Fancy corporate jets. Big yachts to cruise around in. All the other perks. This doesn't have a thing to do with the rising prices. Just the poor working man is costing to much. Someday it will all come falling down.

Ohio_Bill

I have been using Samson  on my Forklift   14.9 24 R4       for  two years and they have done well . I bought them for the same reason as you, price, did not know they had skidder tires. 

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

kiko

The samsons don't hold up well under a large grapple, they seem to do well on a buncher

smwwoody

If they hold up ok on the back of my 170 I will put 4of them on the buncher
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

timberlinetree

Got it right Hi-tech! Good luck w your new tires and the prices of running a biz is getting out of control!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

smwwoody

Well they have been on for about 2 weeks now and pulled over 50 loads and they still look like the day i put them on.  now lets see how they look in a few months
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!