iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Still Here

Started by Billbob, November 11, 2016, 01:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billbob

Hi All!
Just a note to let you Know I'm still kicking dirt.  I've been off line since my late wife passed away last year.  My life been very grievous, tumultuous, strange, uplifting, reflective, hectic, accomplished and blessed since then.  The good Lord has smiled on me and I am forever in His debt.
And no, I haven't run the mill since last year.  (I sure you all understand!)  I have two winters worth of logs to saw and by darn I'll be sawing them this winter no matter how cold it is or how much snow we have!
Looking forward to reading your posts and learning more from you folks!

Cheers!

Bill
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Magicman

Please accept my heartfelt condolences regarding the loss of your wife and the turmoil that life has seemingly dumped upon you.  Your words convey that you are determined to move forward and I congratulate you for that.  Remember that you have many friends here on the FF.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

David Freed

I'm sorry for your loss. This poem came to me when I read your post.

Footprints

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand.
One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided
to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome
times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most
you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you!
During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you.

thecfarm

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Glad to have you back!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberlinetree

Very sorry for your loss. That is a nice poem.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

samandothers

I too like the poem and think of it when times are tough.

Chuck White

Beautiful poem, brings a tear!   :'(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

slider

Glad you are back Billbob.
al glenn

Billbob

Thanks all for your kind words
Bill
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Billbob

Beautiful poem David.  I'm happy to say that now when I walk there are two sets of footprints!

sandsawmill14

sorry for your loss  :(    welcome back  :) 8)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!