iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Myths vs. Facts

Started by Ron Scott, January 05, 2002, 02:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

I've heard that half of all the people ever alive on this planet are still alive.  All natural populations will build in intensity until they collapse due to overconsumption.  The populace weakens, disease sets in, and then collapses.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Bud Man

Ron --You just bumped the ante up to 50%.    And with a lot of idle folks playing in labs with all kinds of tiny- tiny bugs, your askeering me.   I'm gonna run get some life insurance !! :o :o
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Ron Scott

Myth

When people use wood, they cause the loss of forests.

Fact

There is about the same amount of forest cover today as there was 100 years ago, even though we consume more wood per capita than any other region in the world.

Forests are renewable and sustainable.
~Ron

L. Wakefield

QuoteMyth

snip

Forests are renewable and sustainable.

Amen to that! :)   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Paul_H

I agree with Ron that forests are sustainable,when managed as working forests.I have had the privilege to work where my dad's dad, felled trees in the 1930s& 40s.It is now beautiful second growth.And our district, is now putting up commercial thinning sales,in blocks that my dad logged in the 1950s.

But, vast areas are now,houses,golf courses, and a large ski resort town.Thousands of acres, are now managed for non forest use.Not by Foresters,but, by developers.

Fact:Forests are renewable,and sustainable.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!