iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another project out of the way

Started by Quartlow, September 29, 2004, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

FINALLY!!!!  
Well I just spent the last week or so updating the website.
what a pain, I hate html. I don't know how some people do this all day every day

Went to a menu system that seems to work fine other than an issue with some browsers like Opera, which just doesnt display the menu at all.

which means I have to write an altenate index page for that

I still have a little cleanup work to do but the worst is over

Have a look and let me know what you think of the updates to it.

Leave me some feedback if, especiallyif your using a browser other than netscape or internet exploder.

www.lightturnings.com
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Tom

I enjoyed it.  It is simple, easy to navigate and informative.  The only thing I didn't care for was the Blue on black link verbage.  Some colors are difficult to read when put with others, especially when your customer's eyes are showing a little age. :D

I think you could probably get more money for your bowls too. :)

I have an old-timer bowl turner that makes bowls to be used.  He uses nothing but mineral oil for a finish and recommends that they be wiped down with mineral oil every now and again.  He says that he sleeps better at night knowing that there is nothing on the wood that would hurt anyone.

sprucebunny

Nice work on the products and the website. I use Safari ( Mac)for a browser and it worked fine. Is there supposed to be a menu item "(copyright thing )Xara" in each option with a drop down menu??
Bet you do a lot of business for this Christmas  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Quartlow

Tom Your right about the blue, i'll take care of that. The finish I use on the salad bowls is Claphams its nothing more than Beeswax and mineral oil homginized together.  Soem of the bowls are laquered on the outside but the inside has claphams on it.

sprucebunny that came from the program I used to create the menus since I know diddly squat about writing Java Script menus from scratch, since it was the free version it creates a link on every submenu to their website. Oh though I now know how to edit the JS file and get rid of it. just another refinement that needs done

The whole goal was to make it simple to operate and quick to load and I feel I've pretty much done that.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

woodmills1

send me your address and I will mail out a chunk of the walnut to you.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DanG

Good job, Quartlow. Nice upgrade on the site!  I agree with Tom that you could probably charge a bit more. ;D

I went to the "sold" category looking for a pic of that goblet your recently unloaded. Didn't get nuthin. ???  Don't know if you just haven't added to it, or is it broke?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

OneWithWood

Looks good, Q-low.  I like your work.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Quartlow

All fixed, at least the links anyway, Ditched some of the italic text.
Changed the text link color to a bright green. Just for you Tom LOL

Now all I have to do is add the descriptions to the sold stuff.
and edit the Javascript menu to get rid of the refferance to Zara

It's slowly getting closer

Dan The links on the sold page where all broken
fixed now

Thanks for the input guys
It really means a lot to me

www.lightturnings.com
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

billbobtlh

Oops under BOWLS I think you meant Decorative.

What pretty stuff. It must be extra hard to do a bowl that is not solid.

Quartlow

By golly  Bill your right it was wrong, now fixed.

The non solid bowls do require a light touch and bit more attention but they are worth it

Thanks for the compliments
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!