iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I looked at some weather site at work,74°!!! As everyone from the area knows about the temp and time at Franklin savings bank. It's always at least 5° warmer there.  :D  Maybe that's where they got the temp from. It was warm out, that was right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Was 40F here all day yesterday and still the same this morning. Pea soup fog bank out there to this morning.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

About 70F outside, 85F upstairs and the windows are open. No fire today. smiley_sun smiley_sweat_drop

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Looks like another 70° day here.  :o  When this warm spell is over I doubt we will be this warm until next May. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

75F here right now, not a cloud in the sky. No fire. ;)

chevytaHOE5674

Our warm spell has come to an end. It was 73° yesterday and 32° today. Rain and snow moved in overnight.

51cub

Sunny and plenty warm again today. Another day in the 70s tomorrow and mostly cloudy. Then starts getting more seasonable. A few rain showers coming around the weekend
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Looks like another summer day arriving today, already in the 50's. Not a cloud in sight.

Old Greenhorn

That's going to change I think. 61 here now and cloudy. There is a rain front marching across from the west headed our way, then yours. After that, the cool down will begin. Enjoy the weather while you have it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

chevytaHOE5674

Had about 1/8"+ of ice on everything last night before it got cold enough to drop 4" of snow on top. 

SwampDonkey

The clouds moved in here by noon, I think it got into the 60's. I cut, split and hauled two face cords of firewood today. Been cutting some old fir on the bank of the road and added some aspen, that wasn't growing straight, into the load, along with some beaver downed aspen from the opposite side of the road. It was in the road, so she landed in the bed of the truck.

Ljohnsaw

Went up to my cabin property to try to get some final work done.  We had a little "dusting" of snow.

3 or 4" and a few more due this weekend. Can't move the SkyTrak with this on the ground.  Supposed to warm up and rain next week.  Might have a chance at getting something done then - or I might be done until next May :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Hasn't cooled off overnight from the night before, in fact it cleared here and moon and stars out. It is warmer this morning at 54F on the porch. But I do think tonight is another front with rain/snow mixed in, that will certainly 'change the water on the beans', as my grandmother would put it. :D

thecfarm

Yes, just about as warm here too. But those beans will be cold in the next morning at about 20° cooler.  ;D It had been a great spell of warm weather for November.

jeepcj779

After being close to 80 all week for highs, it is 65 today with a front coming through and sweeping Eta out to sea. Close to 6 inches of rain since this time yesterday.

SwampDonkey

Yes, it has been slowly cooling off here all day. It was only in the 40's here at noon, the sun is still peeking through though. No wind to speak off. Cut, split and hauled two more truck loads of firewood this morning. Boys, sure nice cutting them 20" fir, split up easy and add up the volume count quick to. ;D These have some bad scars on them and one had some ants, but lots of usable wood besides. Had a fella yesterday ask me if I cut any wood for the mills. Nope, I said, not big enough. I said see that 8" fir over there just off the road, that'll be 20" in 15 years. ;D He said, how long do you expect to be around. I said, I'll probably be at least 90 before they plant me. :D

SwampDonkey

Sunny this morning, but 30F I believe. ;D

51cub

Never did quite get to 40 today and been drizzling all afternoon. Clearing up overnight and getting down to right around freezing. Some sun tomorrow morning, mostly cloudy in the afternoon and low to mid 40s. Rain and low 40s Sunday
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

Just like they said would happen. Low 30's this afternoon and a mix towards evening. Was not much of a mix, so far.

SwampDonkey

Was 32F this morning and had a light dusting of snow overnight. All melted now and has not done anything since before daylight. Some sun out now, but mostly cloudy.

51cub

On the advertised. Forecast was for low 40s and it's been a struggle to get to 41. It's cloudy now but supposed to clear up overnight. Rain for late tomorrow afternoon

SwampDonkey

Nice sunny day here until the afternoon. Barely above freezing at the high point, was 26F this morning by daylight. No wind, but that is going to change tonight.

Brought in over 2 pickup loads of firewood today, so there's over 3 cord of firewood all cut for next winter and all cut this week by chainsaw and Collins maul. ;D

SwampDonkey

Been heavy rain here most of the night with wind gusts. Took the rain gauge down a couple weeks ago so it would not freeze and bust. But she's sure coming down.

SwampDonkey

Cleared here at daylight, no wind. Suppose to reach the 40's, 36F now.

thecfarm

I got that rain too. Just like they said, rain in the evening, clear at day break.

Thank You Sponsors!