iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

51cub

Got to the low 50s today and mostly sunny. Up and down tomorrow. Starting in the low 20s. Going to high 30s then starts getting colder and snowing in the late afternoon before getting warmer and turning to rain around midnight
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

Yep 40° here this morning too this morning. Doubt it got up to 50, sun off and on all day, some wind too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

26F this morning, bright blue skies, not as cold as they were guessing. Snow beginning then rain tomorrow, 40's predicted high.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Was a dusting of snow last night, rain now and coming down steady. Just about 40F now.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We must be out of the drought now!!! Maybe the rainfall amount is where it should be now?  Rained hard here all day.
Only saw snow about 20 minutes from me. That was at the college, looked like they shoveled the walk off and it was in a pile.
I did see the state truck spreading salt at 35°. Not a bad idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We had probably 2-1/4" a rain here (recorded at Bridgewater, Me across from here), rained hard all day long and into early evening. Been flurries in the air here now and cold wind. Not snowing enough to measure. Suppose to rain here again by Thursday I think. I figure we have close to 10" this month now. The creeks are high, but not flood stage. Salted the 4-lane here in the early hours. Road up by home here is dry, but further out on the 110, ice in the truck grooves.

Have snow tires with studs on the tires. But went to town for 2 weeks groceries, $350 bucks. DOH!! Prices are not any more than last year, some actually cheaper. Coffee $4 cheaper, and not a sale. Cereal $3 cheaper, but sale.

SwampDonkey

15F here this morning, overcast and no wind. Be heading out to cut firewood. ;D

SwampDonkey

Been snowing a little bit, suppose to get an inch. It has warmed up to 25F. Got them two loads hauled in. ;D

thecfarm

We got no more than 2 inches of snow from snow showers. 28° now. Rain coming and temps in the low 50's will take that away.

SwampDonkey

Freezing rain I believe moving in, then rain this afternoon. Going to be above freezing for the next week and in 50's next week. Wood cut'n weather. :)

thecfarm

I have 30° and raining. The 2 inches of snow is soft.

51cub

38 and raining. Still in moderate drought here, best in the state is a little spot in the west central at abnormally dry. A little snow yesterday but just enough to track a cat. Supposed to stay right about this temperature overnight, then near 50 tomorrow and mostly cloudy
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Been a steady rain here since noon now. Spring is back. ;D :D

thecfarm

Temps in the high 40's and rain took that first snow away. More snow will come and stay until May of next year.

SwampDonkey

Up here, the ground had froze for 3 days before the rain, so any bare fields still retained snow all through the rain and fog. Still snow on the ground and we barely got an inch before the rain. I've said it before, we could get a couple of inches of snow up here on frozen ground and it could take days of warm weather to melt it off. Makes a big different when the ground was froze solid for days before. Even the firewood I cut this week was froze hard. Like snow landing on a pile of ice cubes. "Yeah, we got 3" of snow, but it melted by noon". Not up here, think days...:D It was in the low 40's here yesterday and snow was not completely gone off the road, and they sanded.

My chaulk boots are a bit worn (ordered new boots yesterday), so walking on the hard frozen road was almost like being on an ice rink. I never bother buying new chaulk spikes because about the time you replace them the side wall in the boots blow out. It's a rigged game. :D I try to get 2 years, I know these were bought in 2018. And I walk many miles in them, and the hardest on boots is them little cut stumps when thinning. Leather would be torn to pieces in a month, besides wet feet because spruce ground tends to be damp and mossy, especially black spruce.

Must be handy to 12" of rain now since October. Surprisingly we have had a lot of sun to and starry nights. Big rain coming Monday or Tuesday.

SwampDonkey

Never quite reached 40F here today and the snow is still lingering on bare ground. Amazing how barely an inch can stay around for days when above freezing, but not in the 40's.Today was sunny, with a frosty start. ;D

Seen lots of bear tracks on that new snow, he/they must have walked on every trail out there. Walked by the winter shelter to. Followed a big buck track on the trails to. Seen other smaller deer tracks. Seen where the turkeys scratched away at the snow and fallen leaves under the maples. Seen 1 grouse. Seen two sets of coyote tracks around them deer. All that walking had to take place in the last 2 days.

thecfarm

Sun off and on all day. I think mid 40's today. It felt warm out. Until the sun went down.

Gearbox

It's finely getting colder here . Been cutting in the Tamarack swamp I am seeing about 4 inches of ice now . All  Dead standing the neighbor wants it and the small birch gone . We need cold here of the swamp logging will not happen .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

SwampDonkey

Great firewood and the porkies like them tamarack to. I see patches chewed on the trunks of tamarack quite often. I think they like tamarack more than spruce and fir to chew bark off. ;D Up here we had sawfly kill off some stands. Planted all of mine on the wet spots, I think they can grow anywhere they can anchor themselves. :D Mine are all like corkscrews and bears climb and bend them down for cones. Lots of bears around. I think the local bear hunter shot 12 he said, in recent years. I wouldn't want any sheep. :D I call'm monkey bears, always in the trees. If it isn't bears it's moose damaging trees. The bears chewed the wooden handle on my shovel by the winter shelter. Don't leave nothing you think you want later.  :D

SwampDonkey

The rain has started and we are in for a lot of it, some places may see 4". Be careful what you ask for. Snow is gone. ;D

thecfarm

The rain the wind, the rain the wind!!!!!! But it is 54°
This would be a blizzard at 30°.   :o

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on November 30, 2020, 08:37:44 PM
The rain the wind, the rain the wind!!!!!! But it is 54°
This would be a blizzard at 30°.   :o
I think that blizzard is coming next Monday, a small amount Thursday or Friday to test us. :D

woodroe

My rain gauge is showing 3" since it started yesterday. 
Beavers must be busy trying to slow that down. :D
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, there is water everywhere in fields now, even hilly fields with water in ruts and dips. Still getting hammered with rain here. ;D

SwampDonkey

Well, there was 3" of rain recorded to the west and 4" to the east, we're in the middle. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!