iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440b winch problems

Started by lmo506, January 13, 2017, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmo506

I'm wondering if anyone here has had this happen and what they did to fix it. My 440 B winch started pulling out hard ..real hard to the point i was hooked on a twitch and when i went to drop it ,it wouldn't release .What. Somewhere in the midst of swearing i hit the throttle and when the engine sped up the load dropped. So i took the cover off and watched the brake band and sure enough the piston will not open the brake band untill the motor is 3/4 throttle. There is lots of oil in it so i'm assuming the pump has [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] the bed. Does anyone know how big a job and how much $ to fix it/
I have never pretended to be anything I'm not, except sober, I've pretended to be sober a few times

doghunter

get a pressure gauge and check the pressure must have at least 600 lbs. sometimes its just the screen on the pump pickup but you have to pull the winch to get to it.the plate on the bottom will let you clean the screen i'd try cleaning it first.

thumper

I just cleaned my screen the other day.  I just  removed the braces that holds the hoses and removed rear skid and lowered the fuel tank. was enough room to take off the cover without removing the winch..  and check the piston seal for leaking
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

Thank You Sponsors!