iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

electrical diy

Started by pineywoods, April 04, 2017, 11:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Posting this for guys like Kbeitz and GMM. I built a home made remote control for my mill. Needed several heavy duty double pole double throw relays. Such relays with 12 volt coil are available but pricey. Surplus 24 volt versions are cheap..I used the 24 volt versions and stretched the springs on the armature to where they sorta worked on 12 volts, but are marginal and somewhat un-reliable. Member Arnold113 gave me this neat little box that is a diy dream. Takes input voltage 6-35 volt DCand produces 6 to 55 volt DC output, max 7 amps screwdriver adjustable.  He found them somewhere on the internet, I don't know where, and unfortunately, he passed away suddenly a month or so ago..Now I can use 24 volt stuff on my mill without resorting to 2 12 volt batteries or 24 volt alternators..

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

DelawhereJoe

https://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/anyvolt

After you go here look at the last line in the applications category.....almost wet myself.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

DelawhereJoe

WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Kbeitz

Wow... Hey I learned something today... Thanks.

And it's only $4.24 and free shipping on E-bay...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!