iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

Just curious what gas prices are in different areas across the U.S.

This morning in Okla its went from 203.9 to 219.9 in one day.
Diesel is 235.9

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

90.9/litre here. Paid 96.9 in central B.C. on the weekend. There were still lots of those  big RV's with bottomless tanks on the highway.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

maple flats

got some 2 days ago. Diesel 259.9 and gas 239.9 at one station, later I found another station with 227.9 gas, no diesel, I had already bought at the higher one and got back to work.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

crtreedude

It costs me about $60.00 (30,000 colones) to fill up the tank here (17 gallon) so that would be about $3.50 per gallon.

More significant - it is a week and a half wage for a farm laborer.

I figure for me to drive to the finca and back costs about 2 days wages for a farm laborer.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Patty

I paid $2.03 per gallon a couple days ago when I filled up the big ash SUV.  :o
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

$4.59 an imperial gallon here for regular. It jumped $0.05/litre yesterday, about $0.23/gallon. Doesn't seem to crimp anyone's style here. I still see some folks make there daily 4 trips a day (tramp and tread) to their gossip groups and town. Some people's van engines never cool off. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

johnjbc

2.199 most places 2.169 at BJ's Wholesale club  (Member Price)

off road diesel 1.27 Filled tanks last summer :D :D
diesel 2.459
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

MULE_MAN

I paid 2.09 yesterday, But rumor is that it's going up 20 cent a gallon  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

OneWithWood

Regular gas jumped from $2.19 to $2.29 overnight!  Diesel is hanging right around $2.38.  Why is deisel suddenly so expensive?  It was always a dime or so cheaper than regular before.  Now it tends to be higher than premium  >:(

Do you think the fuel boys know I just bought a diesel truck with a 38 gallon tank :-\
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Rod

Regular Gas today is $2.33.9,but with my Krogers card it's $2.23.9

Chris J

Houston report:  Yesterday the station near my house jumped from $208.9 to $217.9.  Looks as though most stations around here had a similar increase.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Ed

I just got back from lunch........they jacked it up to $2.46 for the "cheap" stuff. It was $2.33 this morning.
:( :(

Furby

Just got a call a little while ago telling me to hury up and fill up.
Price has been around $2.34.9 for reg unleaded.
Jumped to $2.49.9.  :o

DouginUtah

Here are two links for your area gas prices: SLC ranges from $2.08 to $2.25. (No E10 here, although there is an E85 pump in Clearfield that charges $2.469, about 25¢ over regular and gives you 75% of the mileage of regular! I asked how much they sell and was told "Oh, maybe $30 a day--some days nothing." Hard to understand why anyone would buy it.)

http://www.gaspricewatch.com

http://gasbuddy.com

Interesting that in the chat area of gaspricewatch the word "peak" gets bleeped.  :(

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

dave7191

Went from 200.9 to 2.199 yesterday that e85 should be at 2.00 or less he is making the big bucks it sells for less than reg.
Dave

flip

2.35 by morning.  And to think the poor fuel companies calim to be taking the biggest hit ::) ::) :D
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Teri

$2.19 this morning at 8 am. Coming home at 4:30 it was $2.25.  >:(

jerry-m

Wal-Mart (Murphy's Brand from Arkansas)  I filled up today a little afternoon I paid with a wal-mart shopping card $2.069  for reg.;D   Thats the cheapest anywhere I think ???  This is East Texas...

Jerry

Tom

I just filled up my tank with $2.10 plus tax off road diesel and filled my truck with $2.41 a gallon road fuel.

I'm madder'n a wet hen over it too.  Just to let you know how it feels to be on the abused customer side of the transaction, figure this out.

I try to spend my money where I saw.  I have a customer in Folkston who's family owns the oil company.  Beause Georgia taxes are much less than Florida's the fuel there is less as well.  Even though I only break even by doing it, I will travel to Georgia when I can to fill up.

Road fuel in Jacksonville, this morning, was $2.41.

The Shell Station in Folston, Georgia sells red fuel for $2.10, sales tax included.  Their road fuel was $2.47.
I went to my customer's families station as I had planned and the red fuel was also $2.10.  I filled up.
The road fuel was $2.47.  I said, "Billy" you are higher than Jacksonville."  

He said "yep, it keeps going up."  

I said, "But, Billy, someone is gouging you don't have the taxes that Florida does, Y'all are usually nine to twelve cents cheaper than Jacksonville".  

There was no comment.  He just added the $5.20 sales tax to my $79.80 red fuel bill.  I paid him the
$85.39 and discussed how I thought I was probably through sawing in Folkston.    

"Pass it on", he said.  "Everybody else does."

"Billy, I can't do that to my customers.  They are end users.  Every time I get into their pocket, it's me that's the bad man, not you or the fuel company.  I'd just as soon quit as to keep them digging."

He seemed rather unplussed, and I left.

Returning to Jacksonville I bought the $2.41 per gallon fuel.  My truck took $115.34 to top off the tank and i'm good for the next week.  Another kicker is that the Pump will only deliver $75.00 at a time and then turns itself off.  It's got nothing to do with gallons, just money.  Do you want more fuel?  Get out the card and prime the pump again.

Do you want to confuse a station attendant at a prepay station?   Ask them for 5 gallons. :D  

I'm thinking it's about time to park everything.    

Rockn H

Regular was 2.09 yesterday, today it jumped to 2.20.  Diesel is 2.39 today.  I have to say thay I have not seen the prices so uniform from coast to coast that I can remember.

Jason_WI

E85 around here is about 1.70-1.80 a gallon. There is a station 20 miles from here selling it. Older cars that were E85 compatible were getting 75% but the newer cars are getting better. Maybe the corn prices will go up if more people use E85.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

deadeye

here in quebec right on the ny border i paid 1.009/liter for super this morning

Ed_K

$2.38 reg & $2.49 road fuel, here in western Ma.
Ed K

Kevin_H.

I left town this morning and gas was 2.09, by the time I got back it was 2.24

Holy Cow man...

It's getting to where ya gotta watch the stock market so ya know when to buy fuel... :(
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Thank You Sponsors!