iDRY Vacuum Kilns

*.jpeg not allowed?

Started by thechknhwk, October 25, 2014, 10:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechknhwk

I had someone send me some pictures and I can open them on my computer and my phone, but they arrived with a file extension of .jpeg.  It appears the forum doesn't like this extension and won't allow me to upload them.  I attempted to rename them on the PC, but I just end up with a file that looks like "filename.jpg.jpeg", so it is retaining the original file extension for some reason.  Anyone know how to properly alter the file extension, or if it is possible for the forum to allow the extension .jpeg?  Thanks!  I am getting the following error messages.

download_20141025_090305[1].jpeg
Cannot upload a file of this type. (extension)
download_20141025_090258.jpg[1].jpeg
download_20141025_090547[1].jpeg

Jeff

Sounds like you are using the document uploader and not the gallery.  I can check the gallery and see if we are allowing the long extension of jpeg.  You can always rename those.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I edited the gallery config file to accept the longer file extension. You should be good to go.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thechknhwk

I was using the gallery attempting to upload multiple files via html5.  I am now able to upload the files, but it has to be one at a time via flash which is no big deal.  It says I'm not allowed to upload multiple files from this location, but it's a prompt on the PC, so not a forum issue.  I have my phone connected to the PC as a usb drive.  My old phone would allow it to work like that, so who knows.

thanks for the assist.

PS - hopefully this may help people that have issues uploading from their mobile phones.