iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Took the plunge

Started by customsawyer, January 26, 2006, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Well I did it I went and ordered me a WMLT70 should arrive around the middle of March I am getting excited thinking about it feels alot like how waiting on Christmas used to feel. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Troy

That wait is tough, I know!  Better get out there and get some logs bucked and ready.  If you don't do something to keep yourself busy you'll go nuts waiting for your mill.  Congratulations!
Peterson ATS 8" 27hp

customsawyer

No trouble staying busy I cut 5-6 days a week with my LT40 and still trying to run a treeplanting operation so between the to there isn't any days off.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

red

what happens  with  the LT 40 ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

customsawyer

Not for sure yet thinking about selling her and the other side of me wants to hang on to her for working around the house and some small portable jobs right now I keep her setup in one place and the way that it is setup it is fair amount of trouble to take her down for small jobs and then trying to get it set back up in line with the edger and all might have to sell for the same old reason as most do.$$$$$$$$ ???
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodbowl

Good for you Jake, I'll be right on up to check things out for you.  ;)  I've been thinking of taking the plunge myself. The only thing that is stopping me is that I'm fresh out of 46 thousands. I've got to do something to up my production. I'm sawing out towards DanG's right now. Today I sawed about 600 BF. Now that's just poothetik! Usually I saw anywhere from 1000' to 1600' by myself. These logs are 8' long, knarly and don't roll well, 30" dia. and full of dirt. Cutting all 1X's. This type of combo kills my day. ............  How much more do you expect to be cutting with the LT70 than with your LT40?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

sawman

Quote from: customsawyer on January 26, 2006, 09:10:50 PM
Not for sure yet thinking about selling her and the other side of me wants to hang on to her for working around the house and some small portable jobs right now I keep her setup in one place and the way that it is setup it is fair amount of trouble to take her down for small jobs and then trying to get it set back up in line with the edger and all might have to sell for the same old reason as most do.$$$$$$$$ ???

If you do decide to sell the LT40 please send me info on it.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

jpgreen

Whoo Hoooo!... Congrats CS-  8) 8) 8)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

customsawyer

woodbowl the way that I have it figured is 500bf/day increase in production will be able to justify the mill but I would like to see about a 1000bf increase but I have been working for myself long enough to learn how to figure on things like this. You take what you think you can do with something cut it in half and if you can still make it work you might be alright but you might need to cut it in half again just to be sure. ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

TN_man

I am excited for ya 8) 8)
Please let us know what your actual "in the field" increase in production is. They sure look like a sweet machine.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

red

it's amazing

the amount of people that buy a bigger mill and keep the old one....

or always want one mill bigger  :D
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Brad_S.

Congrats on the upgrade. 8)

Quote from: customsawyer on January 26, 2006, 09:10:50 PM
Not for sure yet thinking about selling her and the other side of me wants to hang on to her for working around the house and some small portable jobs
I felt the same way when I upgraded. Held on to the old one for a while but the best comparison I can make is that it was like going back and using a typewriter after having the luxury of a word processor! Ended up selling it and buying other toys. Best of luck.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

woodbowl

Quote from: red on January 28, 2006, 10:28:57 AM

it's amazing
the amount of people that buy a bigger mill and keep the old one....

Just don't sell it to your neighbors. That way you don't create competition for yourself.  :D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

jpgreen

Lady up here just one a $50,000 lotto scratcher.

That would pay for a LT70 in a hurry..  ;D

customsawyer

Brad_s. I didn't know you new me that well. I had to take my JD tractor into the shop on Monday to get the front axel housing replaced went in to talk to the man about it yesterday and ended up looking at a new tractor so if I choose to go that way I will have to sell.
jpgreen you check and see what she has left after the tax man gets done with her and I doubt if she could buy a LT70 for whats left.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bibbyman

We ran our 94 model LT40 manual mill setup in the shed for 5 years when got a chance to buy a used 96 LT40 Super.  Our son had the idea he was going to do mobile sawing but he went off on another tangent and didn't saw a board on it. So we set the Super up in the log lot and used it to saw out heavy dimension lumber and continued to use the manual to saw up lighter logs.  Sometimes Mary and I had them both going at the same time.

When we got around to ordering the new LT40 Super, we put an ad in the local trade paper for the two mills.  I got quite a number of calls.  Many wanted to know how come I had TWO sawmills.  Some were even blunt about it – almost like I wasn't allowed like I was committing bigamy or something.  I came up with a quick answer.  I'd tell them, "Well, I liked the first one so much I had to have another and now I've got a third one on order and THREE mills would just be too much.".

Congrats on the new mill.  What all did you get on it?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

jpgreen

I just read in the paper Custom Sawyer, she netted about $36000 after taxes..  :o

shopteacher

If I had the 36000 I could borrow the rest. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

jerry-m

Now you Guys know your wifes wouldn't let you spend all that 36K on a mill :D :D

You might get to buy a new chain saw and thats about all :D :D :D
Jerry

Norm

So we're out running the sawmill yesterday and I'm telling Patty all the neat features that a LT-70 electric has. Of course I don't run my mill enough now to justify a new one but you know if someone would come along and offer to buy mine it sure would be nice to upgrade.

Would you believe she didn't think anyone would drive up the lane and do this. ;D

jpgreen

I'm slowly breakin' my wife in on this sawmill business..  :D

She' liked the idea of the used LT40 better than the new Peterson, cause it was a bunch less money..  ;D

Now if I could just earn enough for a new Peterson..  8)

WH_Conley

Hey Norm, was that a hint? :D
Bill

Norm

Who me...of course it was Bill. :D

farmerdoug

Norm,

I am sure that you are ready and willing to sell it, but I bet Patty would set the price and you would have an hard time selling it at that price.  After all why would someone pay the new LT-70 price for an used LT-40 mill. :D :D :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

TeenSwinger

Hey CS,
I remember meeting you at Sawlex, so I figured i would say "Hi" and congradulations. I know you will be excited.
Jacob
Peterson ATS 827  Nyle L200  Ebac 800  Bridgewood M-562

Thank You Sponsors!