Sponsors:

Members from Patrick County VA

Started by nativewolf, April 03, 2022, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativewolf

Any members from around Stuart, va?
Liking Walnut

GRANITEstateMP

I used to work for the Wood Brothers race team, they are from Stuart, VA. Does that count?  ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

IndiLina

Have a tract next door in Carroll County, but assume I'm not going to be what you're looking for. 
Tracts in So. Indiana, Nor. NC, SW Virginia

nativewolf

Curly Larry and Moe huh..
 We were asked to take on a client there and we were a bit surprised at the harvesting activity...Quite a bit of over harvesting.  High grades, cutting small timber, etc.  Just wanted to chat with a local.
Liking Walnut

IndiLina

From what I've seen in the area, a lot of tracts that have been in families for generations. But not wealthy families. And quite a few of the families have had to sell off the land. So I expect many of the tracts have had a couple harvests over recent decades focusing on money now opposed to long term planning of the timber. 
Tracts in So. Indiana, Nor. NC, SW Virginia

nativewolf

Quote from: IndiLina on April 04, 2022, 07:35:14 PM
From what I've seen in the area, a lot of tracts that have been in families for generations. But not wealthy families. And quite a few of the families have had to sell off the land. So I expect many of the tracts have had a couple harvests over recent decades focusing on money now opposed to long term planning of the timber.
We drove 15 miles on one road and from what we could see it all was like that.  Still some very large tracts...it's going to grow great YP but the next good oak stand I see there will be a pleasure and the first.  I can honestly say that's a first for me in Virginia.  
Liking Walnut

HousewrightVA

Pretty much all of southside........
skidsteer logger
Case 1840  440  580B
2016 LT40 Super

Don P

There's Turman and Stuart flooring in the area, anyone else major?

Housewright, is that a reciprocal roof?

nativewolf

4 mills in 15 miles at one point.   I've pulled the map and it's chock full.
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

same as TN.  a mill every 10 miles and 10 highgrades per mile. 
Praise The Lord

HousewrightVA

Don,
Yes it is. That was a fun one
skidsteer logger
Case 1840  440  580B
2016 LT40 Super

mooleycow

I usta live in Meadows of Dan.  I lived off the bent road.  I remember the two Hopkins mills and the mill in Stuart.  I usta work for George Harris at a small circle mill at the bottom of the mountain off Jeb Stuart hwy.   I did some logging for him also.  

Thank You Sponsors!