iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something about a cemetrary.

Started by flip, March 26, 2008, 07:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Hey Olyman, as I posted above, we have a calculator here in the tool box on the left side of your screen. :)
If I'm recalling correctly, and others can correct me if I'm wrong, the one you posted was actually stolen from here at one time.

flip

I made a vow to myself last night that I would not saw any more logs this size again, too much work and damage to mill and blades for too little recovery. 
The butt had a wierd spot on it and kinda cracked when we let it loose from the stump, here's why.

Upon closer inspection, the tree did not die from age, storm or natural causes it got a case of lead poisioning.  According to growth rings the target was put in some where in the '70s.

And after an hour of prying and cussing here is what we got out.

The wood in this area is an obvious loss due to the stain and another good reason why stuff this size is not worth it unless you need fence lumber.  J U N K!!! >:(
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

thecfarm

That is too bad.Sorry to hear of your bad luck.Now you know what to look for next time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

leweee

flip....a metal detector takes a lot of the fustration  away. ::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!