iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

variants come from replication and vaccines shut down the viral reproduction sooner so less reproduction and less mutation.  ramped spread with reproduction until if and when the immune system kicks in. later in the elderly.  if everyone got it in the same week, less mutation but massive death and morbidity and no ability to care for the ill.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Larry

My state, Arkansas is in the lead for the most covid cases per 100K residents. >:(  Funny thing my state is also dead last in the amount of vaccinations.  Could their be a correlation? :o 

Get the shot!!!!
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Southside

So, does that account for the change in the PCR testing protocol that has been instituted?  There are now two protocols on how many times the sample will be replicated, one for those who are vaccinated, and one for those who are not, with the un-vaccinated sample being replicated more times to find the positive result.  Why would that be?  Not trying to argue with you, but pointing out a fact and asking a legitimate question.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ianab

Quote from: Stephen1 on July 13, 2021, 08:32:11 AMI keep hearing this about new strains. It seems to me that the new strains have come out of the countries that were 1st to run trials on the Vaccines. Did the vaccines cause the new variants? Is that why they are not getting weaker? It is not running it's natural course. 

The variants have come from the countries with the most cases. UK and the US also happened to start vaccinations first. Brazil, not so much. But the mutations found there haven't changed much about how the virus / disease works. Changes are only picked up by genetic sequencing. The new and more concerning variant (Delta) has emerged from India, which has had a very poor vaccine roll out so far. 

The virus won't deliberately mutate to bypass a vaccine. But it's randomly mutating when it replicates. Some mutations are going to "cripple" it, and that strain goes no further. But every 10 million cases you might get a mutation that improves the virus. So, more cases = more mutations, and I think the appearance of new variants has more correlation with number of cases, rather than vaccine rates. 

Best way to avoid more variants therefore is to have less cases. Best way to do that is get as many as possible vaccinated. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

HemlockKing

They're pushing some hard to get people vaxxed here, even are trying to get VACCINE PASSPORTS just to move inter provincially, vaccine passports for concerts venues etc, good luck implementing all that. Watch revenues and tourism fall
Because of hoops to jump aka infringement on charter of rights. 
A1

kantuckid

Quote from: Larry on July 13, 2021, 11:17:18 PM
My state, Arkansas is in the lead for the most covid cases per 100K residents. >:(  Funny thing my state is also dead last in the amount of vaccinations.  Could their be a correlation? :o  

Get the shot!!!!
Larry, not trying to argue at all but in checking the NYT's newspapers daily charts AR has actually got 7 states with worse vac rates. I suppose it's a moving factor to some extent? On the TV news last nite here in KY they said that about 2,000 people per day are getting vaced here still yet. 
 The Ozarks of MO & AR are indeed hot spots as are parts of TX and NV. Anywhere you go the un-vaced are those showing up with covid. 
The legal showdown with universities saying all must be vaced is interesting.  U of IN seems to be the first test on that. These bastions of wisdom may need to read this thread?  :D
The Canadian tourism economy must be hurting from no summer border crossings. Plus many of those fish camps are USA owner operators too. In the USA some of the more popular national parks are quite crowded. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

hacknchop

Canada USA border set to open Aug09/2021 to fully vaccinated citizens with proof of vaccination certificates as well as negative covid test within 72hrs of arrival.
Often wrong never indoubt

JJ

This weekend my Uncle from Nova Scotia visited my dad, without trouble crossed the border both ways in Calais ME / St. Stevens N.B. without trouble, but has been vaccinated.

JJ

SwampDonkey

I have been seeing something pop up recently. It's mixing/matching vaccines. In Canada and other Countries (including the UK, Greece etc), this is approved and deemed full vaccination. Other countries do not approve, yet, but as various Dr's have pointed out, many vaccine sources have been mixed for other disease such as Ebola. Not being considered fully vaccinated is a concern for some folks travelling on cruise lines, if your port is in the US the cruise ship will turn you down in most instances. But there is a vague message from CDC where one can imply no mixing, without them actually saying it. Then J. Hopkins actually saying it plainly.

When You?ve Been Fully Vaccinated | CDC

COVID-19 Vaccine: What You Need to Know | Johns Hopkins Medicine

"The Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are not interchangeable with each other or with other COVID-19 vaccine products. Each vaccine is manufactured differently — even those that use similar underlying technology, such as Pfizer and Moderna."

I don't see that anywhere on CDC.

And now read this on CDC about travel. :D

United States - Traveler view | Travelers' Health | CDC

quote "There are no vaccination requirements for visitors to the United States, and US residents traveling abroad do not need any vaccines to reenter the United States."

I have both my doses from Pfizer, but mother's is a mix.  I believe in the end, once studies shake out some answers we won't have to deal with different policies on vaccination. Oh and we don't actually get a card here in New Brunswick (at this time), I was told to scan and reduce a copy of the original 8" x 11" sheet to have when travelling.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Yet we got our provincial doctor on the radio pushing the notion mixing vaccines is okay. They certainly have been controversial during all this, no wonder some people are skeptical, basically running trials on our people lol . I won't be that guinea 
A1

SwampDonkey

It's all a trial, really.  But one country is no more knowledgeable of outcomes based on early decisions then the rest. A policy of any kind without proven trials is not a fact. :D For now, my government says a mix is full vaccination. And I guess a host country you travel to decides on their definition. It's interesting. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 25, 2021, 09:33:00 AM
It's all a trial, really.  But one country is no more knowledgeable of outcomes based on early decisions then the rest. A policy of any kind without proven trials is not a fact. :D For now, my government says a mix is full vaccination. And I guess a host country you travel to decides on their definition. It's interesting. ;D
Basically some people just followed advice of their own health professionals and because of it now they can't see certain country's or possibly some events like concerts or events. Interesting indeed. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Premier Higgs here opened everything up here last night after midnight, no mandatory masking unless in a health care facility, nursing home, or posted by the business you want to enter. No border restrictions between provinces. Any crossing of international borders is federally regulated plus what ever host country has for requirements. But within New Brunswick she's pretty much open.

About 82% have had a shot, with 66% fully vaccinated. He had said earlier during all this that the target was 75% fully vaccinated.

Going 'Green' in New Brunswick

doc henderson

the 7 day old I admitted last night for fever was confirmed + along with one parent.  I do not blame a pregnant mom for hesitating.  lots of unknown's.  all are doing well so far.  we are restarting weekly covid task force meetings.  I will attend Monday 7 am before leaving for the pigroast hopefully same day..
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 31, 2021, 12:10:33 PM
Premier Higgs here opened everything up here last night after midnight, no mandatory masking unless in a health care facility, nursing home, or posted by the business you want to enter. No border restrictions between provinces. Any crossing of international borders is federally regulated plus what ever host country has for requirements. But within New Brunswick she's pretty much open.

About 82% have had a shot, with 66% fully vaccinated. He had said earlier during all this that the target was 75% fully vaccinated.

Going 'Green' in New Brunswick
I wish NS would do the same. Higgs and rankin haven’t seem to be getting along super well lol I would say things mostly feel fully open though, minus the mask
A1

btulloh

Just information.  Headline in the Richmond paper today. 

Central Virginia seeing increase in COVID outbreaks tied to childcare facilities, summer camps; 40% of cases in people eligible for vaccine, but not vaccinated.

What it doesn't say is the local vax rate is roughly 60% so . . .
HM126

doc henderson

and of course kids are not eligible.

kantuckid

One of our sons who lives in Birmingham, AL told me yesterday that there they were seeing a greatly increased number of young kids becoming covid hospitalized. The discussion was at his twin brothers house in Knoxville, TN where their grades school kids were starting school today. My TN DIL is a 1st grade teacher- her three kids don't mask at school nor is it mandatory in TN schools. All of us except the kids are vaccinated.
Seems that the vulnerability  landscape's changing for children?  
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

doc henderson

It looks like it is.  we will follow for a bit to see the data.  It looks like everyone will get the infection or the vaccine.

HemlockKing

China has been real quiet, haven't heard anything about wuhan or the origins of this virus since April 2020. Wonder when we get answers, cause... they kind of screwed the whole world up. They sure didn't like trump calling it the China virus, they don't want no blame, that's where it come from anyway. Are they gonna keep allowing people to eat rotten bats or is that off the table now??
A1

Old saw fixer

Nottoway County schools start next week, mandatory masking and no local virtual classes.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Gary_C

I have been seeing some reports the current surge in pediatric hospitalizations may be confused with RSV cases which also has respiratory symptoms.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

doc henderson

we do a 22 point swab for kids that includes RSV, the influenzas, covid, and the other coronaviruses and more.  Our hospital is full (relative to staff) so we just signed for a heli crew taking a sick person to KC.  closest hospital with a bed.
most of the patients in the hospital are not covid, but people a coming in sicker these days.  not enough nurses after covid burned everyone out.  some younger covid cases getting sick.

Roxie

It's comforting to know how pediatric patients are screened but in the same breath I'm screaming not the children!

I want to thank you again from all of us for taking the time to keep us informed and being a trusted source of news at ground zero. 

You've been that spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down. 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!