iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

592XP and 585 Huskys

Started by Spike60, January 09, 2021, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outinthewood

Quick update on my 585. It's had about 10 tanks now and I'm pretty impressed it starts 2nd pull every time and runs almost on fumes ! Nice big fuel tank and oils really well. Runs like a AT saw with good broad power band. Air filter has nice big intake and stays very, very clean, Stihl could do with taking a look...Judging by the 585 which despite the marketing being a 90cc class saw I consider it a 390 replacement the 592 should be quite the saw ? 

Spike60

Thanks for the 585 update. Anxious to get my hands one. You are right in that the 585 is more of a 390 replacement at a few less CC's, and at about the same price spread as well. The 585 doesn't offer the weight savings that the 390 does, but that shouldn't affect it's sales. If it runs as close to the 592 as it's supposed to, it'll eat up a 390 in bigger wood.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Spike, alot of the husky dealers up here just got a 395 sent to them , they got nothing else to sell but they got a 395

Spike60

Don't understand why it's much worse up there. They do have power heads down here; it's often a matter of what do they have for bars and which SKU's will ship. I have to enter every SKU to find out. How about this example on 372's: Order them with 24" .050 and they will ship today. Order them with 24" .058 and the ship date is 3-26-2022! I'll sell both .050 and .058, so no big deal.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Husky in my area has nothing to order but the dealers have bars in stock . Stihl on the other hand has nothing but you may find a power head but bars are hard to find

barbender

Maybe it would be a good time for manufacturers to consolidate bar and chain gauges. Really, what purpose is there to having 3 different gauges in 3/8 and .325"?
Too many irons in the fire

ehp

Spike.  Any news on when the 592 will be released down your way . Not much if anything is being said uo here . First they gave us a number we could order the saw online and when we phoned they told us oh that's a mistake and no you cannot order it

ehp

Been watching a few videos on it and it does look like it cuts pretty good

barbender

I in no way need one. But I still want one😁
Too many irons in the fire

ehp

Both Pete and I have ordered them but nothing at our door . By order I mean we told the dealer to get us a pair. The cost here is about the same as a stihl 500i  so not cheap

ehp

I just plan on using it on the landing . It's to heavy to fall with I think but we will see . I like these new super light stihls for that

Spike60

Ed, the latest ship date is Jan 10th, so only about a month away at this point. But as we've learned over the past year and a half, you can't place much faith in those dates. I don't know if the power heads have arrived yet.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Can you order them.  Like I said before we had a order number but they would not let us order any

Spike60

Yes, the SKU's are live and the system is taking orders. I've got 2 orders in the system; one for the release date, and a bunch on my Spring order. There's been no movement/change on the 1-10-22 date which is a good sign.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

That's good to hear .  I guess only time will tell. 

ehp

Stopped by the husky dealer this morning as ut pouring out and they cannot give me a date on when the 592 will ever show up   husky is saying end of March but donot hold your breathe .  The dealer has 1 battery saw . That's it . Nothing else and has no time frame from huskyvwhen saws are to show up that have been on order for a long period of time

Spike60

Still showing Jan 10th for us down here.

But I found out that of the 28 tractors that I ordered, I'm getting 5. :(

Shortages will not be that much of an issue with the stuff coming from Sweden. The ride on product that is made here has a much higher content of components sourced from other vendors. Tires, seats, engines, wiring harnesses, etc.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Its not going to get any better well at least around here . Soon we're going to be going into 2 full years of this deal and not being able to get parts or products we want .  

outinthewood

Unlike normal run of things we here in Ireland got the 585/592 very quickly. 
I've been running the 585 for 2 months now and am very happy with it, great on fuel one of the best starting saws I've had and plenty of usable power. Anyone that has had a 575/576 will find that the 585/592 will suffer slight dings to the muffler as those models did hardly the end of the world ? The airfilter is top class and in a company role where "I thought he cleaned it " will be very helpful. 
I'll be picking up a 592 in the next few days and looking forward to that !

cuttinstihl

Any idea on what the price for a 592 with a 32" bar will be?
It's awful tough to beat a day out in the woods.

Echo CS590
Makita EA4300F
Holzfforma G395XP

ehp

Up here they are pretty close to what the stihl 500i cost is what I'm being told 

outinthewood

The 592 was delivered on 23 Dec so only started back yesterday but a day was enough to say it's a very good runner. The power band is pretty much all the way through and the AT is as smooth as silk. As I said before I've been running the 585 for a couple of months and am impressed so wasn't expecting a such a big difference allowing for cc. I can say the 585 is a bit like a mix of 390 XP speed and agility (?) with the grunt of a 395 XP and the 592 XP is not unlike a "big" 500i with grunt so no bad thing ? The timber I as a rule fell is too big for harvesters or too "hairy" so I do a lot of de- limbing which in the past meant when I could have really used a 395 size it was just too much of a handful all day now the 585/592 is perfect for all day use.

Spike60

This comparison is really good stuff, OITW but how about sharing a name to help the conversation flow. Then I can really load ya down with questions. One serious operator who actually owns and runs both models is so much better than the typical , "I heard", "Some guy said", "information" That clutters up so many threads.

Prices for a 592 still looking like $100 over whatever folks were paying for a 395.

Shipping dates; let's just call them enterining. First, the dates are a joke, and little faith can be placed in them. Current reality is always in flux, so what's happening next week can be quite different from what's going on today. As of yesterday, my "early release"  585/592 order flipped out to 2-14. My preseason stock order that was supposed to ship on 3-15, has now moved up to 2-8. Huh? A dealer I know in PA had a bunch of other saw models arrive that weren't supposed to ship for another month. I do check every day, but until I see "out for pick", I can't tell anyone anything accurate.

What's driving this in part and it applies to all models, is the transition from Oregon sourced bars to the Swedish made "X-tough" bars. If I enter a dozen different SKU's for any of these saws, ship dates will be all over the place. It's gotten bad enough that they are considering turning on the PHO product codes and shipping powerheads.

I'd be happty to just leave the B&C's on backorder cause I need bars now or later either way. Really low on 20" .058's. No Husky XT's and all 3 of my Oregon distributors are out. Been keeping Powercut knockoff's from Rotary and Oregon Versacuts in stock along with the Sugi's, so we've got options. Things aren't that bad in the .050 world, but guys with multiple saws don't want the aggravation of mixed supplies. Some of my custoimers can easily have 20 plus saws, and many buy chain by the case. And we're talking 20, 24, 28, and 36 inch lengths. Gotta stay with the gauge they are using!

Then...........there's the .325 saws. Only .050 if they run the Sugi's, and some guys want 550's converted to 3/8, which can be either .050 or .058 depending on the customer. The newest wrinkle will be that the T540's are all coming in with the new Nano 80 speed cut chain, so we'll be converting them both ways for a while. Requires a drum/sprocket change. That stuff does cut real sweet, and will win out IMO. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Real1shepherd

Shipping powerheads.....oooooooooh!

Kevin

outinthewood

Feel free to load up the questions Spike and I was thinking I'm fairly rare having both and a 500i. I mention the 500i since the internet insisted in comparing the 572/500i a couple of years ago it seems to be a replay with the 500i and 592.....

We seem to be getting bars chains ok but I have heard of slow part and mower supply here. 

Ok fire away Spike all the best Dave !

Thank You Sponsors!