iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shut the OWB down for the last time!

Started by gspren, April 18, 2021, 08:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

The OWB is shut down and this week I'll clean it for the last time. This summer we are selling the farm and moving to a smaller, 1.8 acre, property. After this, wood burning will be in the fireplace at the hunting cabin or in an outdoor fire pit. Depending on who buys the farm I will come back in the fall/winter and show them start-up.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Trackerbuddy

hedgerow

gspren  I hope your new journey in life goes well. My Garn has been shut down since Feb and I have been burning propane to stay warm. I need to get it welded as more time goes on not burning wood I thinking not cutting wood any more is a better idea. If I could get my wife to sell our farms I would sell out and move south and have no more cold. Shes not ready to move so we just keep moving on. 

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SpaceBus

Quote from: hedgerow on April 19, 2021, 10:14:38 AM
gspren  I hope your new journey in life goes well. My Garn has been shut down since Feb and I have been burning propane to stay warm. I need to get it welded as more time goes on not burning wood I thinking not cutting wood any more is a better idea. If I could get my wife to sell our farms I would sell out and move south and have no more cold. Shes not ready to move so we just keep moving on.
I hope it's not a big hassle to have it welded, especially with what you have into it. Garns are always portrayed as the "easy button" for wood hydronic heat. 
Logosol F2+
Various Chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!