iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Headed for the back of beyond

Started by 47sawdust, January 26, 2023, 04:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I am jealous of cutterboy and other members who have smooth sailing in there woodlots.
We are finally getting some decent snow and I have been packing in a road to a part of my property that is not accessible.It doesn't look like much in the pictures but there is some nice firewood.If Mother nature cooperates the going will get pretty good the more I use it.
The L3750 is chained on all 4,first time for me.It makes a big difference.Strangely enough the last time I was able to get up here was with a Kubota M4000 2wd with good chains on the rear and a creeper gear.
Never much trouble sleeping after a safe day in the woods.The wood will be clean.

On the way up,usually can't get passed this spot,wet and ledgey.

A small brook comes down this watershed,
br>

Yellow birch,rock maple and somebeech.
br>
<

Headed down a Vee shaped ravine.Good wood,slow going.
br>

Good to be here,thanks everyone.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

cutterboy

Quote from: 47sawdust on January 26, 2023, 04:16:06 PM
I am jealous of cutterboy and other members who have smooth sailing in there woodlots.

Hey 47sawdust, don't be jealous because it is not always smooth sailing in my woodlots. I haven't been out in the woods for quite some time because of all the rain and warm weather I've had here. The ground is soft and wet.
It looks like you have some good firewood in your land and enough snow to pack your trails. I like your tractor. Now it's my turn to be jealous.
Best of luck to you.....Cutter
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

PoginyHill

I think all of us have horror stories in the winter woods. No too long ago I snapped off the valve stem on a front wheel of my woods tractor. Then to pour salt on the wound, I got the rear end hung up on a large rock trying to maneuver my three legged tractor where I could take the wheel off. 

Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

NE Woodburner

47 - I have a spot like that on my property where there is a hill that drops into a couple of low acres. I have some decent firewood trees in there, but have to cross a wet spot at the bottom of the hill to get there. Usually coming out with a hitch I have to drop the hitch to climb the hill due to the rocks/ledge on hill then winch it back in once I'm at the top.

I usually need a deep freeze and light snow year to access that area. You could never make money pulling anything out of there, but I'm doing it for my own firewood supply and to keep the woods clean and healthy. I got in there a couple of years ago when we had a good cold snap with low snow, but it's been way too wet since then. I actually enjoy the challenge of trying to get wood out of there when conditions are right, but glad the rest of my property is relatively easy to access.

47sawdust

The way I figure it, if I don't cut it, it's never going to get cut.
Might be a character flaw.

Poginy- looks like a bad at (fill in your own swear word) not so flat rock.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!