iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Daily Firewood Picture Thread

Started by mike_belben, May 09, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbarry

Quote from: HemlockKing on August 22, 2021, 06:45:08 AM
I'm still looking for a dump truck for firewood, although rather 1'ton so I can get it further into my woods. That's a nice rig, didn't realize you were in NS Jim, cheers from another scotian.
You need something like this. This is our other delivery truck. Holds a full cord tossed in, or 1-1/2 cord stacked in. 9ft box.

HemlockKing

Quote from: jimbarry on September 18, 2021, 03:00:01 PM
I'm still looking for a dump truck for firewood, although rather 1'ton so I can get it further into my woods. That's a nice rig, didn't realize you were in NS Jim, cheers from another scotian.
You need something like this. This is our other delivery truck. Holds a full cord tossed in, or 1-1/2 cord stacked in. 9ft box.

That's exactly what I've been looking for! Almost had one a week or 2 ago but it sold quickly. 
A1

jimbarry

Quote from: HemlockKing on September 18, 2021, 05:07:16 PM

That's exactly what I've been looking for! Almost had one a week or 2 ago but it sold quickly.
They don't last long. Funny thing is, we had ours up for sale back in June on Kijiji and no offers. 

GRANITEstateMP

Those trucks in decent shape go quick here in NH.

Do they use brine on your winter roads up there?  They use it in some of the New England states and some of the cities.  It is killing the lifespan of vehicles.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

HemlockKing

Quote from: jimbarry on September 18, 2021, 06:56:08 PM

They don't last long. Funny thing is, we had ours up for sale back in June on Kijiji and no offers.
How much did you have it up for? And the mileage? I only seen a handful all summer up in my price range(under 10k ). 
A1

jimbarry

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on September 18, 2021, 07:52:41 PM
Those trucks in decent shape go quick here in NH.

Do they use brine on your winter roads up there?  They use it in some of the New England states and some of the cities.  It is killing the lifespan of vehicles.
Yes, they do. I keep my vehicles undercoated over here. Even with that, still hits them hard.

jimbarry

Quote from: HemlockKing on September 19, 2021, 04:45:45 AM
Quote from: jimbarry on September 18, 2021, 06:56:08 PM

How much did you have it up for? And the mileage? I only seen a handful all summer up in my price range(under 10k ).
2009 3500HD 4x4 Duramax 6.6L . About 170000 km. It was over your budget, like double, $21K.

GRANITEstateMP

Today we worked up two cord on the processor.  This is the brow when we started

and we had to keep the ole girl fed

through the magic of the internet-machine the first cord/trailer is done, now to fill the second!

That's just about right.  The brow is ready to be restocked this week.  

We also blocked up a handful of oversized wood that won't go through the processor.  That was cut at 22in lengths and will go into my 2023 wood pile.  Can't have all work and no play, we had a nice atv ride after, none of the machines came back this clean. We rode a few trails and around the farm, I hope it was mud, but it didn't all smell like it! A good day of cutting!

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

cutterboy

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

cutterboy

BTW, black birch has about the same density as red oak so it is an excellent fire wood. Red oak splits better but black birch smells better. ;)

GRANITEstateMP

cutter, I love black birch!  My processor doesn't always like it, it can split hard at knots!  But man, it smells so dang good!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

cutterboy

Yeah, if black birch split better it would be my favorite fire wood.

Earlier this week before the rains came.....

It's been raining off and on for three days. Right now am in a thunder storm. It's been difficult to get any wood out of the woods.

mudfarmer

Only 374 days until next year's heating season and my log stash is empty. Brought some

out yesterday and a decent trailer bucked out of the tops. Last year tried 12ft logs, didn't really like that so back to 8ft this year.

Spike60

Counting down til next year; gotta love it! 

I'll be stacking some of next year's wood tonight when I get home.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

barbender

I am far too shortsighted for next years wood😁
Too many irons in the fire

OG89

HemlockKing

Get a longer bar and stand up and buck!! 
A1

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

HemlockKing

Quote from: Tacotodd on October 02, 2021, 06:53:26 AM
Quote from: HemlockKing on October 02, 2021, 06:42:47 AM
Get a longer bar and stand up and buck!!
I'll have to call you BBR! :D
I have learned a lot from him. Cleetus says to git the GULLET
A1

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

jimbarry

hedgerow

We are between bean and corn harvest here. Beans are out and the corn is too wet. Buddy came out to the farm Sunday and we bucked up three or four cords of most hedge with a little locust and mulberry mixed in. I hold the logs with a skid loader and grapple and he saws them into firewood length. We may get them split and stack on trailers before we start corn. All of this will be next years wood. I burn around fifteen cord threw the Garn a year. 

HemlockKing

Nice site Jim, nothing better than working in the outdoors Nova Scotia this time of year. 
A1

jimbarry

Quote from: HemlockKing on October 04, 2021, 04:54:04 PM
Nice site Jim, nothing better than working in the outdoors Nova Scotia this time of year.
Indeed!

jimbarry

Quote from: hedgerow on October 04, 2021, 04:37:38 PM
We are between bean and corn harvest here. Beans are out and the corn is too wet. Buddy came out to the farm Sunday and we bucked up three or four cords of most hedge with a little locust and mulberry mixed in. I hold the logs with a skid loader and grapple and he saws them into firewood length. We may get them split and stack on trailers before we start corn. All of this will be next years wood. I burn around fifteen cord threw the Garn a year.
15 cord! 😳  splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley fire_smiley

Thank You Sponsors!