Forum > Forestry and Logging

Fall logging

<< < (2/2)

mike_belben:
Living the dream  smiley_sun

olcowhand:

--- Quote from: Quebecnewf on October 17, 2021, 06:07:20 AM ---Relax with drink . Then a good supper .
--- End quote ---

Many of us probably follow this routine; everything else is mystifying to me, although I'll occasionally sleep on the boat when on a fishing trip. Great Pics and Post!
Stay safe.
Steve

B.C.C. Lapp:
That's a really cool way to log.  I have to be up by 5am. In the woods at first light, wolf down a sandwich on the skidder heading in for another drag and keep at it till almost dark to make ends meet.   Its pretty obvious I'm doing it all wrong. :)

Quebecnewf:

--- Quote from: B.C.C. Lapp on October 17, 2021, 03:06:56 PM ---That's a really cool way to log.  I have to be up by 5am. In the woods at first light, wolf down a sandwich on the skidder heading in for another drag and keep at it till almost dark to make ends meet.   Its pretty obvious I'm doing it all wrong. :)

--- End quote ---
This is not a full time money making operation. I am retired so this is something I do because it gives me an excuse to be in the woods.
I make a few dollars and also get wood I need for my self and my workshop.
We cut on crown land . In our area according to the gov.  there are ď no commercial forestsĒ so a permit is not enforced at this time .
I have looked at going a bit bigger but really at my age I donít want to be getting up too early and working too late . Already did that for many years . So now I donít have to .
Quebecnewf 

SwampDonkey:
Great time of year for wood cut'n.

My fall logging is for firewood, got 5 or 6 more cord to knock down. 8)

Play safe. smiley_thumbsup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Sitemap