iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sticker shock

Started by mtmeatpole, March 31, 2022, 04:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtmeatpole

Had a customer tell me a near by kiln operation was giving away bundles of wood stickers. Thought it was weird but had to check it out. After a few calls to get to the right guy he told me they were edges so I told him that I didn't need any more of those haha but he said I have bundles of plastic stickers for $100. He said it was $ 3000 to $5000 In stickers. I hooked the trailer up and figured worse case scenario I come back with nothing. Got there learned a bit about their operation and the fork truck driver came around with a huge bundle of stickers. I was shocked by what I was getting for $100. Got them stacked in my new sticker shack, had to build a place to keep them all. Over 2800 stickers In that one bundle. I don't very often get good deals like that but happy to have gotten it.

rusticretreater

Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

beenthere

Sounds like you should check out who ended up with the $100. May not have been who owned the stickers, and you padded the fork-truck-drivers pocket. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mtmeatpole

I will try to remember to take a pic when I get to the mill this week. The forklift driver didn't know anything other than they called him on the radio and told him to get the bundle. The guy in charge of the place got the money. I asked why they were getting rid of them and he said the had three different stickers all of a different thickness so they decided to go to two and the plastic stickers are slippy so when they have tall piles they move.

teakwood

there is a unwritten forum rule;

no pictures = did not happened   :D
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

mtmeatpole

Okay so I'm just a redneck. I tried to post a picture but can't figure out how to. I went to the help page and searched for the info but can't find it. Maybe someone smarter than this guy could tell me how haha. Thanks 

beenthere

Go to the home page for the Index, and page down to near the bottom.

Updated Photo Posting Tutorial in Technical Support Topics

Shout out with any questions.

Keep in mind that you 1st load your .jpg pics into your gallery, then 2nd, link to them when in a post.
Should work good for you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mtmeatpole

Okay so the picture. Sheds not finished but had to have a place to keep the stickers off the ground. Im going to add another level for wood stickers and then doors on the front. Thanks for the help posting a picture as well and sorry it has taken a while It's been crazy around here

Thank You Sponsors!