iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things ain’t right here

Started by Woodwalker, December 10, 2008, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodwalker

Everything is turning white outside and it's cold.
In other words, we are having a good ol Texas Norther and it's snowing here in East Texas.
It don't happen often round here and it won't last long. The ground hardly ever gets cold enough for anything to accumulate. Exposed surfaces like some roofs and such will collect  a small amount of the stuff and most of what we are getting right now is sleet.
It makes the news, kids play in it, mothers take pictures of the kids and it's rough on poor cows and linemen.
Sure glad we got this global warming trend.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

OneWithWood

Ah, yes.  Global warming.  What a lot of folks don't realize is that with GW the winters can be much more severe and harsh.
Snow in Texas?  Get used to it!
I hear everything is bigger in Texas.. I bet TR has a snowmobile out in the shed just for such an occurance  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DanG

Quote from: OneWithWood on December 10, 2008, 07:59:57 PM
Ah, yes.  Global warming.  What a lot of folks don't realize is that with GW the winters can be much more severe and harsh.

What a lot of other folks don't realize is that "Global Warming" is a bunch of hokum. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

OneWithWood

Better get out the rusty old grain shovel Dan.  In a pinch it would make a good snow shovel  :D

Last time I came through Florida it was hailing.  Time before that it was snowing.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

isawlogs

Now Robert ,
  If all you do is bring hail and snow when you come to visite , ya would'nt mind me asking ya to staye home now would ya  ??? :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

Won't be needing a snow shovel, Robert.  If we get enough snow to need one, I'll just stay in the house till it's gone.  Besides, I had to remold my fingers to fit the controls on the loader, and they don't fit a shovel no more. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

::)
Bet you can still curl a few fingers round an alunuman can.

:D ;D :D
Haytrader

DanG

Being one who always thinks ahead, I chose a loader with a handle the exact same size as a mlooomnum can. ;D :D

bd354

Last time I came through Florida it was hailing.  Time before that it was snowing.   

That does it-------- I'm buying some snowshoes.

Woodcarver

I heard the Houston got snow today.  I have a business friend there from my pre-retirement days who once told me it never snows in Houston.  :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Warbird

Soooooo tempted to get on soapbox...  but I resist the urge.  ;D :-X

Tim L

Global warming must be real ! Just look at all the people making a living out of scaring the masses with it .
Do the best you can and don't look back

easymoney

if al bore says it is so it must be so. ;D bring on the globol  warming.

SwampDonkey

Well it's going to rain here again tomorrow, so someone must have breathed hard again.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

This is the most snow we've had this early in a long, long time.  It averages knee deep and is up to my waist in pockets.  It's not bad when it comes gradually and you can work into it but all at once isn't good  ::) :( ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

We had our big snow last year, probably 6"-8" every Dang week from Mid November till middle of April.  Your turn. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

Gaylord, twenty miles to our south, has had 70" already this year.  It's early and the Lakes are wide open  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Handy Andy

The stats I've heard lately were that from 1900 to 2000, the temperature raised .7 of one degree.  Since 2000 it has cooled that same amount.   They did have data that said the 90's were the hottest on record, but they found their data was wrong, after that guy did a study on his own, and found that the places they were collecting data were next to heat traps.  One was even next to a airport runway where the jets would warm up their engines, and shoot their blast toward the collection shack. 
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Radar67

We got 3 inches of snow is south MS this morning. It hasn't snowed that much in years.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

logwalker

Quote from: Handy Andy on December 11, 2008, 10:35:11 PM
    One was even next to a airport runway where the jets would warm up their engines, and shoot their blast toward the collection shack. 

They can't be that dumb, can they?  :D :D
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Mooseherder

Quote from: logwalker on December 12, 2008, 02:33:33 AM
Quote from: Handy Andy on December 11, 2008, 10:35:11 PM
    One was even next to a airport runway where the jets would warm up their engines, and shoot their blast toward the collection shack. 

They can't be that dumb, can they?  :D :D

Da udder collection site is by the Kilauea Volcano.   :D :D

isawlogs

Might as well have an umbrella over the rain gage  :-\ ::) :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Talking about rain..........rain again.........sleet, freezing rain, now rain. ::)

SeeSaw

Funny thing about El Gordo's data is that he quoted all of those scientists about global warming and many have come out and spoke against him.  Saying that the info that he's portrayed is misleading and not what they said.  Basically that it was twisted to say what he wanted. Now he makes all that money giving speeches on the subject.  Sure am glad he invented the internet tho! 
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, completely worn out and loudly proclaiming, WHAT A RIDE...!

Banjo picker

Quote from: Radar67 on December 11, 2008, 10:38:34 PM
We got 3 inches of snow is south MS this morning. It hasn't snowed that much in years.

Radar you live too far south.  It snowed here about 15 min. and then quit.  Usually by the time the cold air moves in here the moisture is gone.  Takes just the right conditions to get us up here in the extreme NE corner. :) Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!