iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking at buying a firewood processor.

Started by hiluxpig, January 04, 2013, 06:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiluxpig

Hi I am looking at buying a cord king M20-30 or 2nd hand Multitek has anyone got any feed back on the cord king M20-30, anyone got any processor for sale?

Thanks Brad

br389

What about a timberwolf pro mp? It's a nice sold machine and with a two man crew workin. Hard you can bang out and 5 face cords every half hour

rooster 58

I'm looking at the blockbusters.Probably a 15-20 or 18-20. There's a slightly used TW pro online somewhere.

thecfarm

I think you're from Australia? I was going to say the logging shows are starting up pretty soon. But that won't help you much if I am right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Blockbuster 15-20.  This guy should have a chair. Standing up is going to tire him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZPkEUMgOKQ
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

rooster 58

Yep! That's what I'm talkin' about ;) I'm waiting for my packet to come in the mail. Might get here today. I think they have a 31 hp kubota now

jcl

Quote from: r.man on January 25, 2013, 10:30:03 AM
Blockbuster 15-20.  This guy should have a chair. Standing up is going to tire him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZPkEUMgOKQ

you can get this with a chair .  i like mine with out the chair standing is no problem  got 600 hrs on mine   
New Holland Tc45d
jonsered cs 2159
CB. Maxim
block buster   processor

beenthere

Probably goes through a deck of logs fast enough that standing at the controls is but for a short time.

Then reaching to unsort a splitter hang-up or two in that time means moving.

As well as taking care of the split drops in and out of the conveyor.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

r.man

Having a block fall wrong into the splitter seems to be a problem for some machines and not others. On one machine I watched it happened so much the operator had a specially made long hook to straighten them out. I can't help but think that this is a design defect and should only rarely happen. I also see that some machines are using a sideways movement to get the block into the splitter area and I wonder if this is to avoid jam ups.

Mapleman

I don't know about the cord king but I bought a used Multitek 2040 XP last year and I'm very pleased with it.  Its a very well made machine, the only problems I had with it were because of poor maintenance on the part of the former owner.  Once I got those things squared away I had no problems. 
"The older I get, the better I used to be."

NWP

Quote from: r.man on January 25, 2013, 10:30:03 AM

I've got almost 5,000 hrs on my 22-22 Blockbuster.  Probably about 4900 with the seat off. 
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

r.man

NWP what do the 5000 hrs translate to in cords.

Thank You Sponsors!