iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer Fawns

Started by Ron Scott, June 08, 2014, 09:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Still in "spots". Exploring the woods alone and then following along close behind Mom.

~Ron

Hilltop366

mike_belben

Beautiful little spotted veals youre growing over there.   smiley_thumbsup ;D   
Praise The Lord

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

HemlockKing

Beautiful photos of fawns. Reminds me of my grandfather and how after his retirement he absolutely fell in love with deer watching lol . Hed get a fawn and be so excited with the binoculars and video camera, he had a big field he could see from his lazy boy in the living room, probably shouldn't have but he use to buy a truck bed load of carrots for them almost monthly to dump out in the field lol deer populations were good in Bridgewater for awhile. 
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: Hilltop366 on July 26, 2021, 08:33:57 AM
Last evening.

They don't look too bad for ticks, is that a couple I see on the mothers back though? At least deer groom themselves but I still see some that have them all over. *DanG things TICK me off(pun fully intended)
A1

Hilltop366

I think they are mostly flies, neighbour has some cattle (25 -30) so there are no shortage of flies.

Ron Scott

Mother washing off baby!

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Tacotodd

You sure have lots o' critters round that same tree.
Trying harder everyday.

Ron Scott

Yes, an area I've known and hunted for years to know the animal travel and feeding patterns.
~Ron

WV Sawmiller

I guess I need to carry my camera more as I have 2-3 fawns and 1-2 does in the pasture almost every time I go out. I drove past them 2-3 times this afternoon while dragging down some firewood logs. Often I'd be 20-30 feet from them before they'd move and then they don't go far.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

olcowhand

Spring Update:
We were hunting Morels yesterday, and I almost stepped on this little Cutie. Most young fawns I've seen like this will lay still, as this one did. Had the dog and Family out with me, so we backed out quietly- but after I showed Stephanie and got a pic.
Steve

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Ron Scott

This year twins learning from Mom.

~Ron

Walnut Beast

AWSOME!!! I've got a mother and couple twins but they are starting to loose their spots more than yours

fluidpowerpro

Those twins must be a lot of work because you can see her ribs! I hope she fattens up some before winter.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Walnut Beast

Mine are skinny like that also

Thank You Sponsors!