iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

firewood sales, how many cord you do so far?

Started by lynde37avery, September 01, 2014, 08:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

just curious how many cords of firewood people sold and have left to do this season. i did 30 cut/split. about 20 more give or take to go. im in western MA
Detroit WHAT?

Corley5

200 hundred face cords processed and delivered since August 10th with 105 face cords on the books.  I'm about tired of firewood for the season  :-\
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

xalexjx

been doing about 20-30 full cords a week for most of the summer, probably a little over 200 cords now, have enough order's to keep me busy for the next two to three weeks but still have calls trickling in, every one is asking for seasoned and my only sales pitch is its air dried from conveyer to delivery.  :D
Logging and Processed Firewood

beenthere

200 face cords or real cords...??  makes a big difference.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

M_S_S

2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

beenthere

Quote from: M_S_S on September 01, 2014, 10:13:52 PM
He said 200 face cords. Ed

Corley5 did say that.

But the other two posts didn't, nor did the subject title. Without saying, have to assume full cords.

Quotebeen doing about 20-30 full cords a week for most of the summer, probably a little over 200 cords now,
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

xalexjx

Logging and Processed Firewood

Mapleman

I'm at around 260 full cords with 15 or so outstanding.  And I haven't heard from the "first frost" customers yet - those who don't think about ordering firewood until some cold weather shows up.  I'm in southern VT.
"The older I get, the better I used to be."

SPD748

I've loaded and delivered two full cords. I know, I know... big deal right?  :D

Hey, a man has to start somewhere :)

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

scleigh

Like Lee,  I'm in nc, so firewood sales are very last minute. I have people call and say" I've only got a day's worth of wood left".  I have sold 5 dump truck loads this summer, which is rare for me and have 16 cords ready.

[img]http://www.forestryforum.

OH logger

john

red oaks lumber

yikes!! you guys wear me out just reading this :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Firewoodjoe

243 face cord and 80 on the books. I'm sick of it too and I hired someone to help. (Part timer young kid) and I've raised my price twice. It's just to much to do after logging all day for another crew.

Corley5

I picked up a 30, 5, 16, and another guy added to 10 to his already 10 cord order.  There's over 150 on the rolls again.  All figures are 16" face cords  ;) ;D  I really just want to log now  ;D 

cutter88

220 face cord since may about 25 left to go :)
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Corley5

Had a call for another 10 face cord this afternoon.

superbikemike

clww

I finally got a call yesterday from a customer wanting to buy two cords next weekend. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Woodhauler

I haul 5-10 full wheeler loads of tree length fire each week to 2-4 dealers! They are always out! These are 9cd loads!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

M Cook

We are in central lower Michigan and have sold 3000 face cords so far with another 800 face cords ordered.  It's a small part of our operation so we're not really setup for the demand that is going on now.  In 35 yrs I have never seen this much activity for firewood, every producer has raised their prices and it doesn't seem to matter.  Some of the 8 ft firewood producers are booked through April of next year.

Just curious what going on in other places and what prices are.  Prices here are $60 for face cords delivered, and $90 to $100 for full cords delivered.  These are average prices with local deliveries, after 25 miles there is usually additional delivery fees.  This is prices for green wood, seasoned will bring more this winter.

Mike Cook
Mike Cook

thecfarm

Around $200 for a cord. Seem like 180-220 is the going rate,that is delivered and a full cord. No face cords around here. Face cords are kinda like grits here,most have never seen either.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TeaW

It is a great year for wood sales, last year there were 12 firewood adds in the local advertiser paper. Today there is only 1 add, no one has to advertise this year. A hard winter made the difference and that doesn't happen every year.
TeaW

M Cook

We're getting to the point that no one wants to answer the phone anymore, we don't know what to tell them for exact time of delivery.  When they ask for seasoned wood we tell them that all the wood we have cut right now is sold and that the wood more any new orders is most likely still growing.

Should be an interesting winter. 

Mike Cook
Mike Cook

BargeMonkey

We have done 150-175 so far, our big push starts when the state releases money for heating assistance, then we wont stop for about 1 month. Had a new guy trained to just cut wood but he realized it involved actual work, and he couldnt screw off so he bailed. Ive got a healthy pile of seasoned firewood cut from last summer-fall, and another 200 cord from january to now waiting in reserve.

Corley5

I had a young guy running the firewood machine for a while but had to let him go.  He was too slow.  He was good at it but his production #s just weren't there.  He had one speed, slow and steady and wouldn't/couldn't step it up.  He wasn't breaking anything except my wallet  ::)
  I've got a 120 face cords back on the books again.  I was hoping it would slow down but it's still steady.

Thank You Sponsors!