iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Built-Rite processor.

Started by BargeMonkey, August 24, 2015, 08:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Wondering if anyone on the FF has a new circle saw processor from Built-Rite. We have had a Brute for a LONG time and getting ready to upgrade, my dad talked with John Smith @ Boonville but I'm wondering how many others are out there.

millcreek40

I was at booneville as well. I thought the built-rite engine labored a lot during a cut. Just my opinion. Also the sawdust discharge is right next to the operator. Lots of sawdust in the air. I have a older 1988 2040 multi tech. I looked at all of them & I don't think any can compare. I can put anything through it that I drag out of the woods. The grapple is awesome. Crocked wood is no problem from 2"-24"
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

xalexjx

cant speak for the circle saw built-rite models but i have a bar/chain model (18-hp) and have had good luck with it, I too went to boonsville and looked them over pretty close, (doing 4-500 cords a year and also looking to upgrade in a year or two). multi-tek makes a nice machine but they also charge for it, the two i looked closest at was the built-rite and the bells machine. I like the idea of easily changing wedges on the built-rite and not being stuck with an 8 way like on most other machines
Logging and Processed Firewood

millcreek40

I change the wedge between a 4 to 8 way quite often. Only takes a few minutes. I did like the built - rite wedge setup. The eight way makes a mess sometimes but must people don't complain that it's split to small.  Bring some big stuff & they will let you know
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

Thank You Sponsors!