iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought a "new" trailer

Started by DanG, November 14, 2004, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

That's a diamond in the ruff you found there DanG. A few hoursof work  and you'll have a mighty fine looking trailer .  

I am always a day late and a dollar shortr on deals like that .
Hillbilly

DanG

I'm usually late and short on'em, too. It took this guy a week to return my call, and I had given up on it. When he started callin' folks back, I turned out to be the closest.  I asked if he had left any "running room" on the price, and he came down from $400 to $300, just like that. I whipped out the ol' wallet and commenced to dealing out them twentys. ;D  Couldn't see no way to lose. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

Harold, if you remember k'reckly, that lost depot is 25 acres, filled with 50 years of mistakes. ;D :D :D :D  Anything that ain't been sold yet is a mistake!

I gotta go up there and do a little patrol duty. There just ain't no end to the (s)crap you can find in that place!  BTW, Mr. Hootie ain't got no prettier since you last seen him. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Murf

I think a loader arm boom thingy up on top of that gooseneck would purty it up a bunch, probably make foraging trips a whole whack easier and faster too.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

SwampDonkey

So DANG, what have ya done with that new trailor? Ya got'er see worthy yet? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Funny you should mention that, S-Donkey. ;D  That trailer has set right where you last saw it until last week. I moved it around to the shop and got to work on it.  Took the bad axle off and got a new one ready to mount. Bought 6 new tires.  All I gotta do now is mount the new axle, grease all the wheel bearings and put the new tires on.

The trailer is decked over with 1x8x20 pine boards, but they're not fastened down. ???  I'm gonna remove them and install 4x6 bunks across it at every cross brace. That'll make it easier to side load by the parbuckle method, and easier to unload with the Hootiemobile.

SwampDonkey

Don't forget us with some new pics when ya get'r done. :)

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!