iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cut and Stitches

Started by Sixacresand, May 18, 2018, 05:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Well, I got into a complacent state of mind today and got bit by uncoiling a band blade.  Learned that the .045 thickness blades has lots more spring and stiffness than the .042's.  And too big of a hurry to put on gloves.  Besides upsetting my wife, It Cost me 5 stitches to my hand, tetnus shot and 2 hours at the ER .  

Just a reminder to be careful out there. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Don P

That ain't no fun. I'm plucking my stitches from weekend before last out. All it takes is an ignosecond to get bit, hopefully you'll heal up quick. I've been able to use mine pretty well this week but with a cut in the hand you keep finding the tender spot. Rather than the ER I went in to our local urgent care, I'm hoping it comes in cheaper than an ER visit, those are expensive. Good luck with the healing. If you're on antibiotics get some probiotics or yogurt or something to keep your gut in order.

Sixacresand

Glad you are healing well, Don P.  The ER that I mentioned was actually a Urgent care.  My wife refers to them as a med stop.  Very handy place. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Larry

Quote from: Don P on May 18, 2018, 06:00:02 PM
If you're on antibiotics get some probiotics or yogurt or something to keep your gut in order.
I got a tooth implant last year and it came with a antibiotic prescription.  I quickly learned of the side effects of antibiotics.....get the probiotics or yogurt.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Magicman

Quote from: Sixacresand on May 18, 2018, 09:04:42 PMMy wife refers to them as a med stop.
We call them a "Doc in a Box" but whatever you call them they are handy when you need them.  PatD went to two different ones while we were on our "Maine" trip last year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

During my hospital "visits" back in February I took 5 different antibiotics and really needed the probiotics to get my gut/bowels back in order.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

trapper

I Make my own yogurt very easy.  no sugar so diet friendly,  Daughter got me a yogurt maker but I also make it in a crock pot  and have also used the pilot light on a gas stove for the constant low  heat needed
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

luvmexfood

This thread reminds me according to my usual average I'm about due for some stitches. Last I got I fell on some ice and all my weight landed on my chin. Busted it open so bad that I had to go to a plastic surgeon to get it sewn up. Begged regular doctor to but he wouldn't. 
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Jemclimber

Quote from: luvmexfood on May 21, 2018, 07:37:01 PM
This thread reminds me according to my usual average I'm about due for some stitches. Last I got I fell on some ice and all my weight landed on my chin. Busted it open so bad that I had to go to a plastic surgeon to get it sewn up. Begged regular doctor to but he wouldn't.

The regular doctor probably thought you might sue him if it messed up your modelling career. :D
lt15

Pulphook

No stitches, try super glue....serious.
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

goose63

The last time i got stitches told the doc i would take them out my self. have you guys tryed to take out staples ?  ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

lxskllr

Southside

It's actually a three finger thingy that looks little scissors turned 90 degrees at the end, it bends them and they come out rather easy.  Have done it on the cows plenty of times.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!