iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Americans

Started by Jeff, April 08, 2003, 03:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Our_Culture/americans.htm

Maybe some of you can remember hearing this. Have you ever read it?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Jeff

"Charlie Daniels' Open Letter to the Hollywood Bunch"

OK -- Let's just say for a moment you bunch of
pampered, overpaid, unrealistic children
had your way and the U.S.A. didn't go into Iraq.

Let's say that you really get your way and we destroy all our nuclear weapons and stick daisies in our gun barrels and sit around with some white wine and cheese
and pat ourselves on the back, so proud of what we've done for world peace.

Let's say that we cut the military budget to just enough to keep the National Guard on hand to help out with floods and fires.

Let's say that we close down our military bases all over the world and bring the troops home, increase our foreign aid and drop all the trade sanction against everybody.

I suppose that in your fantasy world this would create a utopian world where everybody would live in peace.
After all, the great monster, the United States of America, the cause of all the world's trouble would have disbanded it's horrible military and certainly all the other countries of the world would follow suit.

After all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries from the mean old U.S.A.

Why you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical, idiotic, spoiled mugwumps. Get your head out of the sand
and smell the Trade Towers burning.

Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the people of the U.S.A. didn't have the nerve or the guts to fight him?

Barbra Streisand's fanatical and hateful rankings
about George Bush makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing.

You people need to get out of Hollywood once in a while and get out into the real world. You'd be surprised at the hostility you would find out here.

Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked, long distance truck driver that you don't think Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong.

Tell a farmer with a couple of sons in the military
that you think the United States has no right to defend itself.

Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war rally
and see what the folks down there think about you.

You people are some of the most disgusting examples
of a waste of protoplasm I've ever had the displeasure to hear about.

Sean Penn, you're a traitor to the United States of America. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy.
How many American lives will your little, "fact finding trip" to Iraq cost? You encouraged Saddam to think that we didn't have the stomach for war.

You people protect one of the most evil men on the face of this earth and won't lift a finger to save the life of an unborn baby. Freedom of choice you say?

Well I'm going to exercise some freedom of choice of my own.

If I see any of your names on a marquee, I'm going to boycott the movie. I will completely stop going to movies if I have to. In most cases it certainly wouldn't be much of a loss.

You scoff at our military whose boots you're not even worthy to shine. They go to battle and risk their lives so ingrates like you can live in luxury.

The day of reckoning is coming when you will be faced with the undeniable truth that the war against Saddam Hussein is the war on terrorism.

America is in imminent danger.

You're either for her or against her. There is no middle ground.

I think we all know where you stand.

What do you think?

God Bless America!

- Charlie Daniels

Tillaway

This all has been floating around on the net for quite some time.  Somtimes phrased a little differently.  Doesn't matter though... it still gets the point across.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

ADfields

Bibbyman

I get so much FW:FW:FW: junk I just normally delete just from the title alone.  I've got one guy that sends me stuff that I have not read yet so I generally will open his.  This is one he sent me yesterday.

-----------------------

Great story ... especially if you are tired of all those politicians and pundits who only talk about themselves ... the American spirit is still live and well.....

CNN live interview with Martin Savidge on Sunday, 30 March 2003:

Martin Savidge of CNN, embedded with the 1st Marine battalion, 1st Marine Division, was talking with 4 young Marines near his foxhole this morning live on CNN. He had been telling the story of how well the Marines had been looking out for and taking care of him since the war started. He went on to tell about the many hardships the Marines had endured since the war began and how they all look after one another.

He turned to the four and said he had cleared it with their commanders and they could use his videophone to call home. None of these Marines had been able to talk with their families for many weeks. The 19 year old Marine next to him asked Martin if he would allow his platoon sergeant to use his call to call his pregnant wife back home whom he had not been able to talk to in over a month. A stunned Savidge, who was visibly moved by the request, nodded his head - yes. The young Marine ran off to get the sergeant.

Savidge recovered after a few seconds and turned back to the three young Marines still sitting with him. He asked which one of them would like  to call home first? The Marine closest to him responded with out a moments hesitation, "Sir, if is all the same to you we would like to call the parents of a buddy of ours. Lance Cpl Brian Buesing of Cedar Key, Florida, who was killed on the 23rd of March near Nasiriya. We would like to see how his folks are doing and let them know their son died bravely."

At that Martin Savidge totally broke down and was unable to speak. All he could get out before signing off was, "Where do they get young men like this?"

----------------------

I get my news from FOX NEWS so I didn't see this one.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tim

Should anyone wish to see what would happen to the US if the US were to plant daisies in their gun barrels need only look north of their boarder into Canada. I live in the only country in the world that no one is afraid of. While I could rant on add infinitum about the problems here, I'll leave it as a statement. Canada should be in Iraq...
Eastern White Cedar Shingles

Bibbyman

No, Tim,  I think that honor goes to the French. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

An Elite Athlete –

It is dark and Mike Smith's clothing is wet.

Mike Smith is an athlete and elite athlete in fact. He is a triathlete, has done Ironman several times, a couple adventure races and even run the Marathon Des Sables in Morocco – a 152 mile running race through the Sahara done in stages.

Mike has some college, is gifted in foreign languages, reads a lot and has an amazing memory for details. He enjoys travel. He is a quiet guy but a very good athlete. Mike's friends say he has a natural toughness. He can't spend as much time training for triathlons, as he'd like to because his job keeps him busy. Especially now. But he still seems very fit. Even without much training Mike has managed some impressive performances in endurance events.

It's a big night for Mike. He's at work tonight. As I mentioned his clothing is wet, partially from dew, partially from his perspiration. He and his four co-workers, Dan, Larry, Pete, and Maurice are working on a rooftop at the corner of Jamia St. across from Omar Bin Yasir.

Mike is looking through the viewfinder of a British made Piloington LF25 laser designator. The crosshairs are centered on a ventilation shaft. The shaft is on the roof of the Republican Guard Palace downtown Baghdad across the Tigris River.

Saddam Hussein is inside, seven floors below, three floors below ground level, attending a crisis meeting.

Mike's co-owner Pete (also an Ironman finisher, Lake Placid, 200) keys some information into a small laptop computer and his "burst transmit". The DMDG (Digital Message Device Group) uplinks data to another of Mike's co-workers (this time a man he's never met, but they both work for their Uncle, "Sam") and a fellow athlete, at 21,500 feet above Iraq 15 miles from downtown Baghdad. This man's office is the cockpit of an F-117 stealth fighter. When Mike and Pete's signal is received the man in the airplane leaves his orbit outside Baghdad, turns left, and heads downtown.

Mike has 40 seconds to complete his work for tonight, then he can go for a run.

Mike squeezes the trigger of his LF25 and a dot appears on the ventilator shaft five city blocks and across the river from him and his co-workers, Mike speaks softly into his microphone; "Target illuminated. Danger close. Danger close. Danger close. Over."

Seconds later two GBU-24B two thousand pound laser guided, hardened case, delayed fuse "bunker buster" bombs fall free from the F-117. The bombs enter "the funnel" and begin finding their way to the tiny dot projected by Mike's LF25. They glide approximately three miles across the ground and fall four miles on the way to the spot marked by Mike and his friends.

When they reach the ventilator shaft marked by Mike and his friends the two bunker busters enter the roof in a cloud of dust and debris. They plow through the first four floors of the building like a two-ton steel telephone pole traveling over 400mph, tossing desks, ceiling tiles, computers, and chairs out the shattering windows. Then they hit the six-foot thick reinforced concrete roof of the bunker. They burrow four more feet and detonate.

The shock wave is transparent but reverberates through the ground to the river where a Doppler wave appears on the surface of the Tigris. When the seismic shock reaches the building Mike is on, he levitates an inch off the roof from the concussion.

Then the second hits. The two explosions are like simultaneous crack of thunder as the building's walls seem to swell momentarily, then burst apart on an expanding fireball that slowly, eerily, boils above Baghdad casting rotating shadows as the fire climbs into the night. Debris begins to rain; structural steel, chunks of concrete, shards of glass, flaming fabrics and papers.

On the tail of the two laser guided bombs a procession of BGM-109G/TLAM Block IV Enhanced Tomahawks begin their terminal plunge. The laser-guided bombs performed the incision, the GPS and computer guided TLAM Tomahawks complete the operation. In rapid-fire succession the missiles find their mark and riddle the Palace with massive explosions, finishing their job. The earth heavens in a final death convulsion.

Mike's job is done for tonight. Now all he has to do is get home.

Mike and his friends drive an old Mercedes through the streets of Baghdad as the sirens start. They take Jamia to Al Kut, cross Al Kut and go right (South) on the Expressway out of town. An unsuspecting remote CNN camera mounted on the balcony of the Al Rashid Hotel picks up their vehicle headed out of town. Viewers at home wonder what a car is doing on the street during the beginning of the war. They don't know it is packed with five members of the U.S. Army's SFOD-D, Special Forces Operational Detachment – Delta Force.

Six miles out of town they park their Mercedes on the shoulder, pull their gear out of the trunk and begin to run into the dessert night. The moon is nearly full. Instinctively they fan out, on line, in a "Lazy W". They run five miles at a brisk pace, good training for this evening, especially with 27lb. packs on their back. Behind them there is fire on the horizon. Mike and his fellow athletes have a meeting to catch, and they can't be late.

27 miles out a huge grey 92-foot long insect hurtles 40 feet above the desert at 140 mph. The MH-53J Pave Low III is piloted by another athlete, also a triathlete, named Jim, from Fort Campbell, Kentucky. He is flying to meet Mike.

After running five miles into the desert Mike uses his GPS to confirm his position. He is in the right place at the right time. He removes an infra-red strobe light from his pack and pushes the red bottom on the bottom of it. It blinks invisibly in the dark. He and his friends from a wide 360-degree circle while waiting for their ride home.

The big Pave Low helicopter flares for landing over the desert and quickly touches down in a swirling tempest of dust. Mike and his friends run up the ramp after identity is confirmed. Mike counts them up the ramp of the helicopter over the scream of the engines. When he shows the crew chief fingers the helicopter lifts off and the ramp comes up. The dark gray Pave Low spins in its own length and picks up speed going back the way it came, changing course slightly to avoid detection.

The men and women in our armed forces, especially Special Operations, are often well trained, gifted athletes. All of them, including Mike, would rather be sleeping the night away in anticipation of a long training ride rather then lying on a damp roof in an unfriendly neighborhood guiding bombs to make their mark for doing other things we'll never hear about.

Regardless of your opinions about the war, the sacrifices these people are making and the risks they are taking are extraordinary. They believe they are making them on our behalf. Their skills, daring and accomplishments almost always go unspoken. They are truly Elite Athletes.

ADfields

Bib, FOX told of that story on CNN a number of times and later that day FOX even showed the clip giving all the credit to CNN.   I was able to watch FOX all day that day from my office as I did tax work.   I very much like FOX news for the way they work hard to tell it like it is not like they wish it could be.
Andy

Jeff

You to fellows better be friends messing with each other. I dont have a clue if you are or not, but I will say right now get rid of the attitudes on this forum or I will ban both of you.

One more idiot, skippy, fool or anything like that and you are both history. Understand? Can you tell I am *pithed? after over 30,000 posts going on 40 this is the first such exchange on the forestry forum and I wont have it. Period. End of discussion.

Jeff

I have deleted the previous exchange.

Bud Man

Make em toe the mark Jeffrey and lets all be civil !! ============ Jeffrey, I feel like I've always stayed within the parameters of this forum but just once ======== Would you mind if I got a little profane in describing the Lying Deceitful Kiniving Invertibrate Slimey Backstabbing Frencheees.  EH !!!!!!!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

hydeoutman

I was watching Fox News from Iraq and  I have not seen that much looting and pillaging since Bill and Hill left the White House. :D :D :D

Paul_H

Fear breeds hatred,and out of unforgiveness,bitterness grows.

Budman is right,lets be civil!

My prayers and support go to the troops,and their families back home. Amen.

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

CHARLIE

I don't know if this was a true statement sent out by French's Mustard or not. I received it in my e-mail and it made me smile. I thought I'd pass it on.

The makers of French's Mustard made the following recent statement:
"We at the French's Company wish to put an end to statements that our product is manufactured in France. There is no relationship, nor has there ever been a relationship, between our mustard and the country of France. Indeed, our mustard in manufactured in Rochester, NY. The only thing we have in common is that we are both yellow.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

ohsoloco

Maybe we could talk Russia into putting Saddam's name on one of the cannon balls  ;D  I'm standing next to the tsar pooshka (czar cannon) inside the Kremlin back in '96.

biziedizie

I think it's the truth! My bottle says it's Canada's favorite mustard and on the back it says that it's imported from the States.
  If you got this from the internet you know it's gotta be true!

Steve

Mark M

Tom

Cool movie!

but......

one day I'm going to make one of the USA that shows the flat-lands most of us live in. :D

Thank You Sponsors!