iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking to see a Woodland Mills sawmill in Southern OR or Northern CA

Started by schweizer, March 27, 2019, 12:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schweizer

Hello all,  

A buddy and I have some projects -- timberframe covered bridge, rough cut pergola, and bridge decking for a different bridge -- and we want to mill up our own timber.  I've priced out the Woodland Mills and have seen good reviews here and watched videos.  We'd like to see one in person.  Does anyone have one in Oregon or Northern Cal that we can come look at?   Or anyone have strong feelings about them?

I'm in Southern Oregon and interested in anything within 500 miles.

Thanks in advance!

Marcus
Off-grid on 320 acres of timberland, masonry wood stove, thermal mass H2O storage, old D4, Kioti DK45

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775
"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

MerlinMike

Just  noticed your request to see a woodland mills saw in action in your area.  Just joined the forum this week, and see this was posted 2 months ago.  If you are still looking,  I am in the neighborhood, Merlin.  I have a brand new Woodland Mills HM126-14 set up and working almost everyday its not raining.  Let me know if you want to come see it.  

Mike
The hardest part about doin' nothin' is knowing when you're through!

Woodland Mills HM126-14
Mahindra 1526 Loader/Backhoe w/thumb
Stihl MS291
Stihl MS180C
DeWalt 12" 20Volt

schweizer

Hi Mike,  

Thanks for the response!   My friend and I just bought a Norwood HD36 sawmill, and it should be delivered any day.  I never received any feedback from the Woodland Mills question, and we really wanted to see a brand in action before buying.  

That said, you're only a couple miles from me.  I'm on Jumpoff Joe Creek, just on the east side of I-5.  I'd love to see your mill sometime!  How is it working for you?

Marcus
Off-grid on 320 acres of timberland, masonry wood stove, thermal mass H2O storage, old D4, Kioti DK45

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775
"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

MerlinMike

Congrat's on the new purchase.  That is a lot more saw than what I am running.  I am sure you will not be disappointed.  

This forum is a fantastic place for info, I have gained a lot of education reading posts.  

good luck, and yes, anytime you want to come by for a looksee, let me know, I'm right by Hog Creek . 

Mike
The hardest part about doin' nothin' is knowing when you're through!

Woodland Mills HM126-14
Mahindra 1526 Loader/Backhoe w/thumb
Stihl MS291
Stihl MS180C
DeWalt 12" 20Volt

Thank You Sponsors!