iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

People say the darndest things

Started by DocGP, April 25, 2021, 09:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Nice lady called a couple of days ago.  Wanted me to saw a oak door in two, horizontally.  She wanted to make a Dutch two piece door.  I took 10 minutes  to tell her why I could not on the sawmill but did tell her I could do it with a circular saw.  Gave her a price which she thought was reasonable.  Since she lived quite a distance away I suggested she try to find somebody local.

No call back, so another big dollar loss! :D

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Magicman

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on April 30, 2021, 04:59:11 PMI think you meant to post that last one over in the Jokes
No actually sawguy21 opened the hanger door so I slid dat airplane in, sorta like getting to food.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Southside

Well today I read we have a chicken shortage.... Not around here.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

jcbrotz

Quote from: Tristen on April 30, 2021, 09:05:00 AM
Lady on the phone;   Hi, How much would you charge me to make 6 sheets of plywood with your sawmill ?  

Me;  I sell sawdust in bags for $20 each, but you will have to glue it together yourself.  

I think i am going to need to hire someone who is better at customer service than i am.
Kinda like when your measuring to build a kitchen and the customer asks. How are you going to install the cabinets without removing the countertop? Uhm your kitchen is going to look like it threw up on itself before this is all done lollol
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

GAB

One day in the office I did the darndest thing, oh I was bad.
The engineer, that sat to the N of me, was toying with a spring and a detent ball (automotive air control parts) and I noticed that there was a gap between his desk and the partition.  Said to myself those parts are going through that gap.  So I pulled out that mornings large section of the WSJ and waited.  Sure enough the parts went down and under the desk he goes to retrieve them with his butt a bit above the floor.  I grabbed the newspaper section and got as close to his butt as I dared and tore that WSJ section as fast as I could and through it in the waste paper basket as I sat down.  Out he comes, backs up against the partition and fells his backside then leaves.  I'm 99% sure he went to the bathroom to check out his clothing before coming back.  He never gave me another opportunity like that.  However, the look on his face was worth it.
GAB

W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Don P

:D :D
I hadta let one go last year. They had moved in a couple of years prior, completely landscaped the yard, very nice, then wanted a large garage/manshed built. The footprint was out of level by about 6' so some major foundation work. Very pushy about the timeline. Everything outside the footprint was "off limits" so no heavy equipment. This is gonna be a major concrete pumper truck job was my first thought. I told him we would do our best but we would certainly break a few eggs before we were done. "Oh I'll bill you if you do". "I think not  :D". I drew the plans, got it through permitting and the truss shop, made the siding and let a younger guy with more patience deal with them, everyone was happy.

WV Sawmiller

Gerald,

You are a baaad man! I love it. :D :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Crossroads

For about 6 months at random intervals while doing my PM  rounds in the pulp mill, I would return to my electric scooter to find never seize on my handlebars. I didn't say anything, just waited and watched to see who was there and who was in vacation when it happened. I had it narrowed down to 2 guys and had a good idea which it was. One night on graveyard it happened and I wasn't in the mood for it. I got my full can of never seize and painted the steering wheel, key, all levers on the forklift. Went upstairs to the bathroom outside of the control room and painted the handle on the camode, door handle to the camode, the urinal handle, sink knobs and the door handle going out. Then I snuck around and got both door handles going back into the control room. Kinda funny, my scooter never got never seized again 🤔
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!