iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A delicate shade of... orange???

Started by longtime lurker, April 30, 2021, 07:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradm

Quote from: longtime lurker on May 02, 2021, 05:06:15 AM
Quote from: Bradm on May 01, 2021, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: longtime lurker on April 30, 2021, 06:31:42 PMI wouldn't put a band in these things too dirty on the inside

How dirty is dirty and what kind of dirt?
Worst logs in the world: silica in the wood and bauxite in the pipe and nearly all have got pipe. Cuts a nice board though.

That's better than what I was picturing.  I was thinking that the dirt was ranging from lead bullets to ceramic insulators.  There is one heck of a bang when a gang saw hits something that shouldn't be there.

I can't speak for the Wood-Mizer saws specifically, but what do you need to know about gang saws in general?

moodnacreek

Lead bullets? hemlock knots are harder than that.

longtime lurker

Quote from: Bradm on May 03, 2021, 05:42:00 PM
Quote from: longtime lurker on May 02, 2021, 05:06:15 AM
Quote from: Bradm on May 01, 2021, 02:47:37 PM
Quote from: longtime lurker on April 30, 2021, 06:31:42 PMI wouldn't put a band in these things too dirty on the inside

How dirty is dirty and what kind of dirt?
Worst logs in the world: silica in the wood and bauxite in the pipe and nearly all have got pipe. Cuts a nice board though.

That's better than what I was picturing.  I was thinking that the dirt was ranging from lead bullets to ceramic insulators.  There is one heck of a bang when a gang saw hits something that shouldn't be there.

I can't speak for the Wood-Mizer saws specifically, but what do you need to know about gang saws in general?
I've got a little multirip already but need bigger. I was mostly posting in the hope someone knew who built the WM gangsaw so I could see a spec sheet. No matter, I'll get it out of the Australian dealer.
Patience, I haz none
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Thank You Sponsors!