iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Upgrading to a Larger Production

Started by just_sawing, May 01, 2021, 07:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I have thought of mulch
They use tons in my area.
I can't find a unit to rent or someone to bring one in.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

I think the only way youre gonna make bark mulch is with a rosser head debarker AND a tub grinder AND totes of dye which will likely invite the 49CFR into your life. 

Youd be money ahead to deliver the slab waste to the sugar people until they beg you to stop.   

Try advertising it on CL and FB for free.
Praise The Lord

moodnacreek

Quote from: mike_belben on May 04, 2021, 11:56:36 AM
I think the only way youre gonna make bark mulch is with a rosser head debarker AND a tub grinder AND totes of dye which will likely invite the 49CFR into your life.

Youd be money ahead to deliver the slab waste to the sugar people until they beg you to stop.  

Try advertising it on CL and FB for free.
Free bring all the wrong people to your place. Sad but true.

mike_belben

i live among all those wrong people and they dont mess with me.  just gotta show your fangs.
Praise The Lord

longtime lurker

Quote from: mike_belben on May 03, 2021, 10:27:46 PM
As for the value being in the labor, its the same of field stone and quarry stone. Its worth nothing out in the woods.. People wont go dig it up for free.  But if you put it on their trailer in a pallet basket all sorted for size...
I got this standard line when people start telling me my lumber is dear, or I'm offering too little for logs etc ( always the valuable black walnut crowd)
"Glass is just melted sand. What could be cheaper than that?"

I got people calling up wanting to sell me their valuable black walnuts pretty much every day right now - the price of lumber in the USA has gone up so their 20 year old plantation eucalypts over here must be worth enough to pay out the mortgage. :D
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

customsawyer

I might have to use that one myself. Now I have to keep up with lurkerisms too.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!