The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: EZ40 Blades  (Read 207 times)

Offline Jstier

• Share Post
EZ40 Blades
« on: May 07, 2021, 10:12:55 AM »
So I've noticed that all blades minus the timberwolfs I bought with the sawmill ride about an 1/8in back off the bandwheel. That causes them to ride the back of my blade guides/rollers. I feel like its dulling those blades quicker due to the heat. Should I adjust the blade guides back or try to adjust the alignment?

Also how ? I had a Frontier sawmill and had to play with alignment a lot but have never adjusted anything on this one yet.

John

Offline Oddman

• Share Post
Re: EZ40 Blades
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 02:30:53 PM »
This is a bandwheel tracking issue, i believe, adjustment for this is outlined in the paperwork that came with the mill. 
Mine had the same issue recently, i figure i would do more harm than good trying to write out directions.
I do know it took little actual adjustment, less than 1 full turn of the nut, also you may notice a slight difference in how the band tracks when it is "warmed up" from being tensioned and ran for a bit. 
If in doubt, i would suggest giving them a call at the company, helpful folks there.

Offline Oddman

• Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 02:34:53 PM »
Oh, and as far as frequency of adjustments on these mills - mine has around 120 hours on it with about the last 40 or so of those hours using woodmizer blades and i made that first minor tracking adjustment around 10 hours ago.

Offline Jstier

• Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 04:41:53 PM »
This is a bandwheel tracking issue, i believe, adjustment for this is outlined in the paperwork that came with the mill.
Mine had the same issue recently, i figure i would do more harm than good trying to write out directions.
I do know it took little actual adjustment, less than 1 full turn of the nut, also you may notice a slight difference in how the band tracks when it is "warmed up" from being tensioned and ran for a bit.
If in doubt, i would suggest giving them a call at the company, helpful folks there.
I will try looking through what he sent along. I thought it was only the engine manual but may have been another sheet. Thanks! 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Trailer Jacks for EZ40

Started by Jstier on Sawmills and Milling

11 Replies
Last post February 15, 2021, 10:40:20 PM
by TroyC
question
Bandsaw Blades - Who sends sample blades to try out?

Started by Ozarkian on Sawmills and Milling

10 Replies
Last post April 01, 2012, 06:50:08 PM
by Magicman
xx
Woodmizer blades vs. Cook's blades

Started by Secondchance on Sawmills and Milling

11 Replies
Last post April 21, 2019, 07:07:36 AM
by YellowHammer
xx
Peterson Blades, vs Lucas Blades