iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HM130

Started by diegokid, May 05, 2021, 12:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diegokid

We are getting ready to pull the cord for our first mill.  After lots of research we have decided on the HM130.  Seriously wanting to purchase it with the trailer one extension for the 16 foot cut.  
My reasoning is future plans plus the ease of moving and leveling, it will be under cover at home.

I cannot seem to find out through the manufacture if more than one extension could be added at a later date if needed with one extension already there.
Anyone know the answer to this?

VB-Milling

Quote from: diegokid on May 05, 2021, 12:22:06 PM
We are getting ready to pull the cord for our first mill.  After lots of research we have decided on the HM130.  Seriously wanting to purchase it with the trailer one extension for the 16 foot cut.  
My reasoning is future plans plus the ease of moving and leveling, it will be under cover at home.

I cannot seem to find out through the manufacture if more than one extension could be added at a later date if needed with one extension already there.
Anyone know the answer to this?

Once set up, I think you can attach as many sections as you need, but you can't trailer it like that.
HM126

Roundhouse

Yes, as VB stated you can add them but you'll need to arrange a support system below the trailer.

Also if inclined you can fab up an extension. I created this to buy me a little extra room by moving the head over the trailer tongue and get close (but not entirely) to milling a 20' beam.

*my trailer is not from the Woodland Mills package so your mileage may vary.

Woodland Mills HM130, 1995 F350 7.3L, 1994 F350 flatbed/crane, 1988 F350 dump, Owatonna 770 rough terrain forklift, 1938 Allis-Chalmers reverse WC tractor loader, 1979 Ford CL340 Skid Steer, 1948 Allis-Chalmers B, 1988 Yamaha Moto-4 200, various chain saws

VB-Milling

@Roundhouse Didn't someone make a similar setup that was hinged for transport?  Was it @JoshNZ ?

Memory is like a chainsaw....never sharp enough when I need to use it.
HM126

Roundhouse

Quote from: VB-Milling on May 05, 2021, 02:06:19 PM
@Roundhouse Didn't someone make a similar setup that was hinged for transport?  Was it @JoshNZ ?

Memory is like a chainsaw....never sharp enough when I need to use it.
That very well could be, mine bolts on to the end of the track using the same holes that are there for attaching the bumpers or extensions. 
I've only used this once and normally it's off the mill. Also, once the beam is smaller that spare tire is moved out of the way.
Woodland Mills HM130, 1995 F350 7.3L, 1994 F350 flatbed/crane, 1988 F350 dump, Owatonna 770 rough terrain forklift, 1938 Allis-Chalmers reverse WC tractor loader, 1979 Ford CL340 Skid Steer, 1948 Allis-Chalmers B, 1988 Yamaha Moto-4 200, various chain saws

Tacotodd

@Roundhouse  now you just need @mike_belben approval.

@VB-Milling the chainsaw is a relatively easy issue to correct, unlike OUR collective memory 🤫 Now, what was I supposed to be doing?
Trying harder everyday.

Daburner87

Can you travel with a log on the woodland mills trailer? I just ordered the 130max woodlander xl, gonna take some time before i have money to buy a nice log trailer, but can you load a single log on the woodlander trailer and travel?  
HM130Max Woodlander XL

JoshNZ

I decided having my ~800 deep carriage occupying that much of the track and having a big drawbar hang out beyond that was a waste so made a lightweight hinging extension, without bunks just for the carriage yep.

Have never had an issue with it.

Thank You Sponsors!