iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Different take on cart for end load and Q about baffeling an L53 oversize cham

Started by cabindoc, June 27, 2021, 08:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabindoc

We went with rollers and a sled for loading and unloading through doors.  Did not want to loose air flow under cart etc..  Question, as this is a L53 unit the recommended baffling is horizontal from wall to over pack.  I am trying to establish an easy, flexible system that can be deployed with long/short/tall or irregular packs.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scott  aka cabindoc  aka logologist at large
Woodmiser LT35 hyd
Kabota MX5400

DR_Buck

I used tarps on rollers made from PVC pipe.   They worked well.   Rig pulleys so they can be raised and lowered from the open end of the kiln.    When I redo them in the new kiln chamber I am going to use more, shorter width tarps to allow for better closure on unlevel stacks of lumber.   In this photo I had two 10' tarps in a 20ft chamber.   In the new chamber I'm going to use at least 4 tarps over the same length.

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

cabindoc

Excellent suggestion.  Do you run something horizonal from left wall to get over the pack before dropping tarps?
Woodmiser LT35 hyd
Kabota MX5400

doc henderson

can you hang a tarp from the bottom of your pallet to block air from going under?  maybe down the center between the rollers.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

DR_Buck

Quote from: cabindoc on June 27, 2021, 10:30:49 AM
Excellent suggestion.  Do you run something horizonal from left wall to get over the pack before dropping tarps?
No.   I put a layer of stickers on the top of the stack and slide the tarp on its roller to the far edge (left side) and then lay wood blocks on top of it so the fans don blow it off and have it unroll down the side of the stack. 

DR_Buck

Quote from: doc henderson on June 27, 2021, 01:37:15 PM
can you hang a tarp from the bottom of your pallet to block air from going under?  maybe down the center between the rollers.
That's a great idea.    My cart has lots of air getting under it.   I think if I cut a strip pf tarp I can fasten it along the left (output) side of my cart to reduce the air flow at the floor level.   

cabindoc

Quote from: DR_Buck on June 27, 2021, 08:31:26 PM
Quote from: cabindoc on June 27, 2021, 10:30:49 AM
Excellent suggestion.  Do you run something horizonal from left wall to get over the pack before dropping tarps?
No.   I put a layer of stickers on the top of the stack and slide the tarp on its roller to the far edge (left side) and then lay wood blocks on top of it so the fans don blow it off and have it unroll down the side of the stack.
okay, so you do essentially what I'm doing except with tarp material. You divide the chamber into 2 spaces.  The lower portion is pulling in air to the dehumidifier, the unit fan blows dry air into upper chamber, the soffit fans then blow the dry air over to the lower/other chamber and the cycle repeats.  I get 2 different pictorials from Nyle.  1 shows a horizontal as I described earlier, another shows vertical "curtain".  Done 1 way puts the whole pack in with the unit.  Done another way separates the unit along the top.  I'm just trying to figure out what others are doing and what is considered to be effective and easy to deploy.  
Thanx for all and any input.
Woodmiser LT35 hyd
Kabota MX5400

Thank You Sponsors!