The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Composting toilet  (Read 3020 times)

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
Re: Composting toilet
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2021, 05:49:50 PM »
  I made another toilet box and took it along to a couple of Flea Markets this weekend. Saturday was in Beckley WV. The crowd was not great and the other venders seemed to be bring a lot more junk and small crafts than the flea markets I usually visit. I did get several comments about the toilet and ultimately I sold 2 Red Oak Lichtenburg engraved benches which made it a decent day. I also sold several bird houses.

Today I went to the Pence Springs Flea Market which is the one I usually go to. It has a more rural patronage and more and bigger crafts, some poultry and such.

One new idea I tried was putting a trash bag in the toilet for a liner and actually I think that will work very well. In the picture above you can see the toilet box/seat, the front panel is leaning on the box and you can barely see the plastic tote inside and can clearly see the trash bag as a liner extending down into the plastic tote. I got lots of favorable comments and planted lots of seeds and I'll see if I get sales in the near future. People really liked the liner idea.

I told people all they had to do was insert the liner, use and keep adding sawdust till full then pull the tote out, tie the bag shut and go ahead and mail it to Washington DC. :D Many agreed that was a good disposal plan. ;D

I sold a few birdhouses and planters and talked with several about future sawing jobs which I think will ultimately pay off even though today was mostly a bust. I did drop off a 30" and 36" RO bench top that I cut to length, sanded and bored the mortises in place with my friend there to do the Lichtenburg engraving. I'll pick them up next week.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
Re: Composting toilet
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »
  I sent pictures of the "toilet liner" idea to the last customers who bought the composting toilets and sheds from me. The lady in Covington Va sent back pictures of her toilet at their barn and she was happy with it. The last guy replied and said he wanted another shed built. Both liked the liner idea.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Composting Toilet

Started by boo 84 on Alternative methods and solutions

14 Replies
Last post January 10, 2016, 09:19:49 PM
by r.man
xx
composting toilet

Started by Qweaver on Alternative methods and solutions

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2010, 04:50:08 PM
by MFinity