iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Mulcher at work

Started by Jeff, July 16, 2021, 05:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Its good to have a place to escape the world and all its noise.  Well worth the effort.  Nice work jeff. 

smiley_thumbsup
Praise The Lord

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Great job. Now all that extra grooming every summer. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

All that is missing now is a butternut tree.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

You would a thunk he would of honed in on that...

SwampDonkey

:D :D Well who knows but the camera man? All I see is green leaves. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Resonator

QuoteGuys, my hands are to crippled up to play my instruments anymore and they deserve to be played. 1911 gibson mandolin that was my dads and my 1957 gibson es125 hollow body guitar. If you know a musician looking for some vintage insruments, That is how id like to fund the rest of this if anyone is interested. My dad would be thrilled if I could.
I was fortunate to be able to check both these out at the Pig Roast a couple years ago, they definitely deserve a good home. (Jeff, please keep me posted on that beautiful pre-war Gibson mandolin. ;))

Nice progress on the land!
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jeff

Its taken a bjunch of years for the nut to sprout and put a tap root down far enough to start taking off. This year they started to take off.  2 trees survive of the original 4 nuts planted.

SwampDonkey

They look nice and healthy leaf-wise. 8)

Jeff

Jeff

Finally getting a better look via google earth of my work at the cabin. What once was so much brush, is beginning to be something special.

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on August 28, 2021, 09:45:49 AMIts taken a bjunch of years for the nut to sprout and put a tap root down far enough to start taking off. This year they started to take off.  2 trees survive of the original 4 nuts planted.

SwampDonkey

I planted some butternut in 2016 in the Arthur blow down area on my place. It had been aspen and ash in there. 2 years ago in my walk about video they was already over my head. I have a couple older ones that are not too far from making nuts. They don't need to be all that big. One I transplanted for my uncle was making nuts when it was only about a 3" stem.

thecfarm

I've been waiting for a update google picture at my place for 10 years. 
My place looks a lot different now too.
 It was updated about 10 years ago to show some places that I have cleared off.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

What is very noticeable about your place Jeff, is that yours is the only food source improved property that is visible.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

It was 2 years between seeing the aerial photo plane fly over and seeing my new house on Google Earth. I knew it was an aerial photo plane because they fly east-west back and forth. The photos overlap about a 30% coverage between one another and as much over the border because they capture the windmills on Mars Hill. I've got imagery from 2019, 21, and 22.

Thank You Sponsors!