iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lightning Strike

Started by Corley5, August 07, 2021, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Man, you guys are going through it. Take care of each other. Do test the smoke alarms if they were hardwired or slap some battery ones around.

Roxie

Wow you are really going through some unbelievable twists of fate. 

Nothing is more important than your health though. Keep us posted here on how that proceeds for you. Our own doctorb got monoclonal antibodies as an early treatment to prevent serious symptoms. Is that available for your family?  

Say when

thecfarm

With the house, it just don't stop.  ::) :o
Sorry to hear of the illness.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Take care, and heal up. Hopefully some sunshine will bring some better luck.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

Just wondering how you're doing?  Should hopefully be past the worst of covid and how's the repairs going?  
Say when

Corley5

We're still going ;) ;D :)  We all recovered from the Covid but still have some lingering issues with energy and congestion.  Dr. said it could last a month or more.  We've got natural anti-bodies now 8) 8)  We've been sicker with other ailments.
  Repairs are on ongoing.  The electrical is done except for the master electrician coming out for final testing.  The well is done.  We were without water for 16 days.  We're waiting on an appliance repair place to evaluate our stuff.  They're backed up until November 2 but the equipment is limping along yet.  We check the freezers a couple times a day, the washer throws codes but works, the dryer is slow to dry, microwave takes two minutes to melt a Kraft cheese, etc.  The insurance co. is requiring the evaluation to replace or repair.  It doesn't appear the tubing in the floors will need to be replaced.  Just the circulators, fittings, control box, and draft motor on the furnace.  The insurance co. has been less than helpful through it all. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

mike_belben

boy thats a rough break, glad you all came through.  hang in there buddy. 
Praise The Lord

Raider Bill

I am in the claims bidness.
When I got my start 30 some years ago a claims manager told me they were in business to sell policies not pay claims.
30 years later I've seen some that really tried to make things right but many have the deny everything, buy it only if you have to mentality. 

I'm working one now that is right around the million $ mark. Its a RV that burned to the ground because the owner tried to install a light so he could see better in the motor compartment in case he wanted to check the oil. 

Unfused, direct to full battery power through metal without any insulation or grommets at all.
1156 socket with pigtail and wire nuts unsecured just flopping around. 

I asked the owner what he did for a living. 
Bigshot hedgefund whoha on wall street. Bragged how he paid cash for the coach, owned a estate in Connecticut and somewhere near Estes park. Hung out with all the worlds movers and shakers.

So I have to ask, "why didn't you pay someone to do this for you that knew what they were doing" might have cost $100 on the high side.

He got a bit indignant and said it wasn't rocket science the people you pay to do work like that hardly have any education and he, Mr ivy league is obviously smart enough to do simple wiring.. and that if it didn't get paid he had law firms waiting to sue everyone.

I asked him if he had ever heard of Mike Rowe or the term tradesman.

The claim will be denied and the lawyers will start billing $300-$400 hours to swap paper back and forth.

Nothing to do with your claim just making conversation.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Southside

Just curious in broad terms why that claim will be denied?  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ianab

Quote from: Southside on September 22, 2021, 04:06:55 PM
I think that would fall under contributory negligence. The owner caused the fire by his own intentional and substandard wiring. That's different from Accidentally setting fire to the vehicle. 
If the wiring had been done competently (even as a DIY job) then it wouldn't have caused a fire. Or if a mechanic had botched the job, then his liability insurance should cover his butt. 
I think what matters is "accidental" vs deliberate negligence. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Raider Bill

Quote from: Ianab on September 22, 2021, 04:54:17 PM
Quote from: Southside on September 22, 2021, 04:06:55 PM
I think that would fall under contributory negligence. The owner caused the fire by his own intentional and substandard wiring. That's different from Accidentally setting fire to the vehicle.
If the wiring had been done competently (even as a DIY job) then it wouldn't have caused a fire. Or if a mechanic had botched the job, then his liability insurance should cover his butt.
I think what matters is "accidental" vs deliberate negligence.
Yepper, improper repair or modification. 
Insurer is going to press this pretty hard.
Owner was so proud of his work he took a video of it. 
The cause isn't my role in this claim thankfully. 

Roxie

Raider you'd be an interesting person to buy a drink and let the stories flow. Is it wrong for me to love a happy ending?  

Corley I am so glad you pulled through the covid situation! Now it's been brought to my attention that appliance prices are really high so be careful you have enough to replace that roomba. 
Say when

Ron Scott

Corley, its hard to imagine all that damage and hardships.
~Ron

Raider Bill

Quote from: Roxie on September 22, 2021, 05:52:53 PM
Raider you'd be an interesting person to buy a drink and let the stories flow. Is it wrong for me to love a happy ending?  

Corley I am so glad you pulled through the covid situation! Now it's been brought to my attention that appliance prices are really high so be careful you have enough to replace that roomba.
Roxie my love, someday a Harleys going to pull into your driveway with a Sean Connery looking guy on it with a pocket full of personality.  Grab your leathers and meds we may be awhile.. Lol

Southside

The big question is what was the fate of the Pac Man game? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

DbltreeBelgians

Corley, I was up in Wolverine again a few weeks ago visiting with Justin and Chelsea and doing a little trail riding. Justin took me by your place when he was taking me to one of their logging jobs. I will say you had quite the pile of firewood logs stacked up at you operation. I would've liked to stop in to see you but that was right at the height of your covid illness.
I'm glad to hear you all are doing better and on the mend and yeah it takes a little while to get the energy back and the lungs cleared out.
Hopefully all is going well with the lightning strike repairs. I can't believe the house is still standing after all the issues you found.
Hang in there and get healthy and stand your ground on the repairs.

Brent

Thank You Sponsors!