iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

'Nother Hoss for da Farm

Started by Magicman, September 17, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

That is a good thing to get back!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GRANITEstateMP

hate seeing farms go away, but it'd be a real shame to loose the farm AND the tractor! What else was that tractor used for other than baling?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

newoodguy78

That's a great thing to keep in the family.  Not too many with their original fenders still around. Looks like an M?

Magicman

That is awesome.  Congratulations for adopting the family back together again.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

It's an H.  It's early farming life it did everything an H would do with mounted cultivators for corn, tillage etc.  As the farm wound down hay was its big thing.  This tractor always had more power than Grandpa's H thus it was always used on the baler.  It burned a valve one season, and it was discovered that it has the high compression gas head  :)  Uncle Ralph sold his cattle in the 80s and the tractor hasn't done much more than work a garden plot and plow snow until Uncle Ralph put a plow on a truck.  It hasn't seen anywhere near the use that Grandpa Bob's H has with the slick pedals ;D :).  I scrounged up the cultivator cylinders and the belt pulley for it too and the original battery box and lid and a set of tire chains.  The cultivators themselves are long gone.  I believe Grandpa sourced parts for his set from them and what was left has been scrapped.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ed_K

Are you going to keep it original or do a restoration on it? I have a Massy Harris model 81r I've been restoring for 7 yrs.
Ed K

newoodguy78

I'd like to have a wfe H here for cultivating. Think it would work slick. Always liked the old farmalls, first thing I learned about them was keep your thumbs on the outside of the steering wheel. 

btulloh

I always liked those H's. Just got rid of a nice one about six months ago. Never saw one with fenders though, although I knew that was an option. 

FWIW, the tricycle front end was really for cultivating since the H was made for two rows at a time. You could even turn and come back in the next two rows without even using brake steering. People did a lot of log skidding with the tricycle front ends on the H and the M, but quite a few of those people didn't survive the work. 

Nice that you could keep that H in the family. 
HM126

GAB

Quote from: newoodguy78 on April 24, 2022, 11:16:08 AMfirst thing I learned about them was keep your thumbs on the outside of the steering wheel.
That was also true of the Ferguson TO20's.  
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

Not a "Hoss" this time but it is a "Nother"

A Grandson sent me this picture Saturday.  He was Bushhogging and since the PTO shaft is not centered in the gear box....that's a bad sign. :-\  This 25 year old cutter is/was put back into service last year and held fluid but apparently the lower seal gave out, dropped the oil, and the input bearing was next to go.  

We found a used Rhino cutter on "marketplace, a deal was struck, so we made a trip.

Loading it up.

And ready for a trip to Mississippi.  I'll put a new set of blades on it before it makes the final trip to the farm.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Looks in better shape than the one I have. Too many rocks and it lost the fight. 
Like the back "bumper". 
I had the great "idea" about backing over the trees.  ::)   :o   That lasted a few days, then the back started to hit the blades. Or did the blades hit the back.  ;D 
But the wife mows the fields with it. Not once or twice a year, but every few weeks. She mows about 10 acres. It's six years old and have seen 30 years of use.  ;)
I did finally put a new set of blades on it. What a difference!!! Should get news ones every 2 years or yearly. Blades are only $100.
Use to spend that on mower blades on the other mowers she used.
Looks like one of the arms are bent? maybe loading it?
That's the only parts on mine that look good.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

I hope you get many years of service out of the new purchase. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Welp, maybe there needs to be a memorial service so that all of you could send a weed to express your grief? The old cutter was a stout old guy that lived a good life cutting things down to their proper size. He was a life member of the Rotary Club.  Sure will be missed, and I doubt that the new guy is ever going to replace him because he was a cut above all the rest for most of his life. May he rust away in piece. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about my faithful old friend.

Thank You Sponsors!