iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Upgrading forum

Started by Jeff, June 16, 2002, 01:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

In the next few hours, and over the next several days, I will be working on upgrading the forum. You may occasionally  get an error, or a not found or some other anomily as I work, but they will always be short lived, lasting usually only seconds to a minute or 2.

Hopefully in the end you will see a faster forum with more features. Things will look slightly different as I will use some smaller sized graphics to help streamline things.

Please don't hesitate to tell me about things you may notice that are not quite right. Many of the features on this forum are unique, and programmed by me, so when I do a software upgrade it takes time to plug all of my litte jeffys back in to this thing because they all have to be re-designed and re-written and sometimes I miss something. Most of the time I miss something

The first new thing you will notice is a new button on top called calendar. Please use it!

Better get at it...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

splinters

8) 8)New format looks very good. Keep it up!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Paul_H

I'm glad to hear it,when I first logged on and saw new features,I thought"now what have I done" ::)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

RavioliKid

Looks good, Jeff!

Do you ever  ??? ?
RavioliKid

Corley5

8) 8) 8) 8)  Keep up the good work
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

The calendar feature is pretty  8)!  Happy Birthday to me Wednesday.  Thanks for the reminder Jeff ;D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

RavioliKid

I especially like the listing of the date as "today"! I have a hard time remembering the date, and now I don't have to dig in my poor brain to know if the posting is recent or not.

Thanks!
RavioliKid

Eggsander

Happy Birthday Greg,
I saw mine on there and I wondered how the heck Jeff figured that out.
Then I saw that I plugged that in when I registered.
Funny he didn't put peoples ages on there too.  ::)
Steve

Jeff

Nope, no ages on the Calendar. They can go to your profile for that. ;)

Tillaway

I'm gone for a few days and Jeff goes and changes everything... good going Jeff. 8)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Jeff

I think I had a happy accident :o

Whilst messin around trying to create something else, I created this, which I believe to be the ultimate page to submit to search engines on behalf of the forum. 8)

Can you remember when?

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/board/thelist.pl

Kevin

Texas Ranger

The only problem I have is to try and figure how to get my auto log on back.  It disappeared with the new sh, stuff. :P
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Pretty easy Don. When you login there is a little tick there that asks if you want to be always logged in, otherwise the default is 300 and some minutes.

Sawyerfortyish

Darn someone is messin with me had to look up my password to log in  ;) :) :) lets see whats changed ?

Jeff

There is a new members option that has been added that you may not have noticed. It is in your profile. There is now a field called biography for lack of a better word.  You can use it to say what ever you want. (within reason now... :))  it will only appear in your profile, only members can view other member profiles.

A word about the calendar.  You can use YABBC tags in there just like in a post, you just have to manually put them in. That means you can have a picture, or formatted text for a calendar entry.

Another feature is that now when you reply, only a 5 post summery loads below your reply instead of all of them. the order is now reversed so that the most recent post is at the top near your reply text box. You still have the option of loading all the post summeries under your reply text box by clicking the link provided.

Gordon

I've got a question when would this be used?  teletype  The forum has now been upgraded once again //[img]https://forestryforum.com/images/YaBBImages/userpics/Gordon.JPG[/img] Or this?

I like it Jeff looks good.

Gordon

Jeff

Flash is not what you think Gordon. Flash means Flash as in Flash animations.

Gordon

Just to think I was so close to being somewhat of a computer whiz---NOT.  :D :D :D

Ok now to add an invisible flash look real close at the dot. Then you will see a quick flash.

Gordon

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Texas Ranger

Jeff, did  that, done that, bought the t-shirt, and I still got ta sign on each and every time >:(

Tom

Don,
Are you logging out when you get done? :D

Jeff

Texans, they just gotta be different.  I'll think on it. I gotta go saw boards. Maybe go over to the redwood log thread and ask bill, he seems to know it all and is even running for office. :D

Eggsander

Heck, I thought we were supposed to log out when we ended our session (maybe that's just Minnesota noce ya know).  ;)
Today I gets on and I didn't have to log in. Cool!  ;D
Steve

Texas Ranger

never mind, something finally cut in, or Jeff fixed it.  I will go with it finally cut in. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!