iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A little tree trimming

Started by Ed, March 09, 2006, 09:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

My buddy Ron, wanted to do a little tree trimming last weekend. Including taking down a Boxelder that was hanging over the neighbor lady's trailer. Everything that had to come down was way off the ground and almost all of the brush would have to be thrown off to the side.
It just so happens that Ron is a crane operator, one of his employers boom trucks was available, so he brought it home to use.
I've trimmed trees from a manlift before, but never in a free swinging basket. It took a little bit to get used to......Every time you wanted to start a cut, the basket would swing away from the tree....
After a little practice we got it figured out & proceeded to have at it.

Up we go.....

First cut on the trunk, an 046 Stihl is not a fun bucket saw.

That me on the left, Friend Al on the right. We also did some serious trimming at Al's house.

Looking down from the basket.

The truck.

Ed

sprucebunny

Great pictures, Ed, thanks.

It looks like a pretty good adventure ;D

The " looking down " shots always make me dizzy. When we had a sailboat, I was the one who got to go to the top of the mast cause I weighed less. Scared the shirt off me but the view was great :D

I'll bet that if you have a next time, you'll remember to take a smaller saw  ;)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Riles

Interesting mental image: Shirtless Sprucebunny swinging at the top of a sailboat mast. Was there a bottle of rum and a pirate patch involved?
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Ed

Sprucebunny,
I was lucky that I only had to make 2 cuts with the 046  8) 8)
The rest of the day I used my 254 Husky, I wanted to use Dads little 020 Stihl, but it's so old there is no chain brake. It's to dangerous to start a saw without a brake engaged in the confines of that basket.

Ed

Thank You Sponsors!