iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If things go right

Started by Quartlow, May 08, 2006, 12:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

It won't be long and the pickup will live again.  ;D The 300 six is out!!! ;D Bought a 1988 E-350 one ton van last week and brought it home Saturday. Rolled the box off it this morning, now I have to pull the engine and tranny. 7.3 liter diesel and and a C6 auto tranny.  8) 8) 8)

Paid $500 for the van, My have the rearend sold, has good doors and fenders to sell, plus since it was a cargo van I got a new storage box 8) Got 4 good tires and who knows what else I can salvage or sell before I scrap the remains

Cousin ran his first batch of bio diesel over the weekend. Ran it in a small Perkins engine to test it out. Smells different than diesel fuel but seemed to work ok. So he dumped 10 gallons in his pickup and we shall see how it goes.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

scsmith42

Outstanding!  This ought to be a much stonger puller than the 6.  Good luck.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

barbender

That is a sweet deal- I wish I could find a 5.9 cummins that cheap to put in my suburban!
Too many irons in the fire

RichlandSawyer

You should be real happy with the 7.3, I've got one in my dually and i'm pretty sure i could straighten out the road past my house if i could figure out how to hook onto it.
Every log i open up, a board falls out!!!

Quartlow

Well I got it all apart and first thing I have to find is motor mount towers.  ::) Why can't ford make things simple like chevy?

From the looks of it I MAY have to change out the oil cooler. The filter on mine leans oppisite of the way it leans on the trucks. The only thing that may interfere is the y pipe. I'll know more once I get a new y pipe

Shift linkage is going to be a pain but not impossible. Old c6 is linkage shift the e40d is cable shift

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Brad_S.

As long as you're pulling the engine, change the oil pan!!!! The 7.3 is known for the oil pan rotting out. Cost me $1800 to have mine replaced. Engine has to be pulled to do the job.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Fla._Deadheader

Back in the old days, I pulled a Ford "6" and put in a Ford "292". NEVER AGAIN. EVERYTHING is different, especially when the V-8 lacks enough cylinders to reach the front motor mount.  :o >:( >:( >:(

Had a supposedly good friend and Ford mechanic, tell me, NO PROBLEM, drops right in .   >:( >:( >:(

I turned the air very blue inside his shop, while he puffed on his big cigar and laughed.  ;) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Quartlow

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on May 08, 2006, 08:58:48 PM

Had a supposedly good friend and Ford mechanic, tell me, NO PROBLEM, drops right in .   >:( >:( >:(

Oh it drops right in. Just nothing bolts up  :D :D :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Dale Hatfield

Lets talk about that van box.
Do ya want to part ways with it?
Im looking to buy something  of the sorts to make an  trailer. For my carvings.

Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

getoverit

the 7.3 in my '89 F350 is a good strong engine. I have overloaded this truck so many times it dont even groan about it any more ;D

It is a little hard to start on cold mornings, but holding down the pedal till it cranks seems to get it going (reccomended by Ford).

Good luck with this powerhouse of an engine !
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Quartlow

Well I got the replacement towers out of the junk yard this morning, along with the right ol cooler.
Ordered the motor mounts.  Now I just have to get my tranny and that lil 300 six out of mine.

Dale
your more than welcome to come look at it and make me an offer.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

twoodward15

You gonna change that thread header to "Things aren't going right"? ;D
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Quartlow

twoodward15
Oh not yet, so far I haven't encountered any problems I wasn't aware of. the key word being yet  :D  :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

twoodward15

You're working on it with a bum knee?  You are the man.  Hope it's feeling better!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Quartlow

well not very hard  :D espcially since its been raining on and off all day
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!