iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well this is a 'What are they up to?' thread

Started by SwampDonkey, October 10, 2006, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

View from route 390 at Three Brooks looking down the Tobique River. There is actually a stream called Three Brooks that dumps in above.

Closeups

I wonder what they are up to? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

Looks like someone is getting ready for waterfowl season. :)

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

QuoteDidn't ya go ask 'em

:D :D

Didn't hafta. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Nuther clue:

There's writing on the side of the pickup, too grainy to read. Sorry. ;) And it's a fed government job on water. ;D

SwampDonkey

Think migratory critters, that spend alot of time get'n from one continent to another. ;D

Mooseherder

Tom

I know!  I know!!    The Peterson Sawmill Critters. :D

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Mooseherder on October 10, 2006, 04:28:43 PM
Loch Ness Creature? ;D

I like mooseherder's response, even though it's wrong. :D :D :D

SwampDonkey

Mooseherder

Burlkraft

Are they gonna have 'em deep fried or broiled or grilled   ??? ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Mooseherder

Well...We know they gawt ta be Atlantic Salmon  ;D
Looks like SilverBrite or Coho  ???
Wonder how accurate their counts are :D

SwampDonkey

I like mine broiled, but fried in real butter and cornmeal is real good to.  ;D

Yeah this area is a habitat restoration area for Atlantic Salmon. These are holding pens for doing counts, fish will be released soon. These are federal fisheries officers.

SwampDonkey

QuoteLooks like SilverBrite or Coho

wha?? ;)

Mooseherder

My Father In Law used to take many Fishing trips to that area. My wife has been to the Tobique River on occasions with him. I haven't had the pleasure but have heard how beautiful it is. Canada does a great job with their Fisheries. Wish Maine would take their lead.
When we were up there last month. I stopped at what was once the beautiful St. Mary's Stream. It was ruined By the Corp. of Engineers to make a reservior 30 years ago. (no longer in use)  While there, we were standing by concrete gate flows that weren't allowing thousands of little trout access to upstream. It breaks my heart.

SwampDonkey

My grandfather used to guide alot of salmon fishermen from the states. I think alot of them came for the stories and the cooking.  Everyone who came always had a good time and lotsa fish. ;)  Dams on the Saint John and Tobique rivers have hurt the salmon populations here as well, but the Restigouche and Miramachi River systems are still unrestricted. What was a way of life for many on the Tobique has come to an end since the early eighties.

getoverit

looks to me like those are sleuce devices for gold mining... probably one of them is floating a pump and the others are sleuces. ???
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

SwampDonkey

Refer to post #14 ;)

Gold mining on a salmon river would probably get you free room and board for awhile. ;)

asy

OK, so they're for Salmon, but what ARE they and what do they do?

Inquiring minds want to know.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!