iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looks like more moisture is on its way

Started by Tom_in_Mo., April 02, 2008, 09:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_in_Mo.

You Southern Mo. boys ready for more rain? Possible of 2"-5" added to the already saturated ground. This time I am going to stay put, although the 7 mile hike I did a couple weeks ago probably did hurt me.
Night before last we had another good rain that got the ole creeks up again, so....... lookout the way the forecasters are perdicting.

Tom

The main thing is to be safe, Tom-in-Mo.

I sure feel for you guys that are under water.  When it happens here, the water rises quickly because we have 18" of dirt and sand on top of 10,000 miles of blue gumbo clay.   It fills up quick.  At least we don't have the fast running downhill streams/rivers that y'all do.  Our floods spread out for miles and are usually around for awhile.  They have to find the river that will take them away.

What's most important is for you to put a pair of the proper fitting pants in your truck for spares.  Maybe even keep a pair and a shirt in the office.   A fellow can't work decent when he can't step far enough into his pants.  :D :D

beenthere

Quote from: Tom_in_Mo. on April 02, 2008, 09:23:01 AM
....................., although the 7 mile hike I did a couple weeks ago probably did hurt me.

How so Tom?? ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ADAMINMO

He must have forgot to add the n't to the did.He didn't look hurt to me when he got to work.Until he put on some clothes that was a little "snug" in places. :D  :D  :D He kinda had the high voice of an opera singer for a little bit. :D

Tom_in_Mo.

You guys are right, a guy needs to always keep a spare change of clothes for any kind of emgency :o

Warbird

Looks like a whole bunch more rain is headed your way.  Y'all stay safe, okay?

Larry

Here is one for you guys...we got bunch of warnings out right now and it's so dark the outside security light came on.  I was out in the shop running the shaper with a big cutter head.  Few minutes ago I powered down and Kathy came running into the shop..."they just blew the tornado sirens".  "Grab the dogs and lets head for shelter"...little snicker ;) and I mentioned my shaper sometimes might sound like a siren.  After she whacked me most hard with a 2 X 4 I decided to keep to myself and check the forum. :o

Looks bad for tonite...you guys stay safe. 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Handy Andy

Livin in the Kansas desert kindof sucks at harvest time, but right now just don't envy you folks in Missouri. 
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Carries-Mom

hope everyone is ok...please check in with us...heard a lot of tornadoes in Arkansas last night and other folks was gettin' hit hard...

ADAMINMO

The storms we got in the southern part of Missouri wasn't bad as we were on the north side of the storm.We didn't get everything they said we could have.Little Rock Arkansas was hit with a tornado or 2.How did you guys fair Arkansawyer and Leeb?Hope it left you all alone and didn't cause any damage for ya's.I hope everyone is all ok that was in the path of the storm.

Warbird

My wife's folks live ~45 minutes away from Little Rock.  We checked on them this morning and they got loads of rain but none of the hard hitting wind Little Rock did.  Hope the FF members in that area are okay.

Thank You Sponsors!