iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mobile Dimension or Mighty Mite Mills In North Eastern US?

Started by Mobilesawyer, June 19, 2008, 10:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilesawyer

Hi all:

I'm still looking to purchase either a Mobile Dimension 128 or a Mighty Mite 912, and would prefer an internal combustion engine over electric.
Is there anyone on the list operating one of these mills in the north eastern U.S. or eastern Canada who would mind my spending the day watching, and/or helping, to get the feel of how the equipment operates.
I am also interested in purchasing any equipment (MD or Mighty Mite) that might be located in the same area.
I have contacted MD four times over the last month trying to get information about users in my neck of the woods with no sucess so I thought I would put it to the forum.

Thanks
Jeff

oakiemac

Jeff,

This would be quite a trip for you but you are welcome to come see my MD 127 in southern Michigan. We are located near Decatur 49045.

Steve
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

bandmiller2

Jeff,ask around who hammers and repairs saws in your area they usally know of every mill in a large area.Ask sawyers in your area, we are few and far between, and usally know each outher and what their  running. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Bob Dilts

Jeff I have MD128 I'm about 2.5 hrs west of you,near Belleville.Would be glad to spend a day with you sawing a few logs. Send me a pm if your interested or your phone # and I'll call you.Bob
Mobile Dimension 128,D&L Double Cut,Gehl skidsteer,Logosol planer,Husky saws.

Captain

Member "Karl" runs a MD in the NE Kingdom of Vermont, I'm sure he will chime in soon.

Captain

karl

"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Mobilesawyer

Thanks for the posts and the info folks.
As usual the forum came through with excelent information and fast.
It turns out that these predominately west coast mills do appear occasionally on this side of the continent and Bill has agreed to allow me to watch and maybe even help around his mills.
Thats right mills not only does he have an MD but also a D&L how cool is that.
Thanks to all who posted and thanks Jeff for this forum it's value can not be measured.

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!